BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,345 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got back from Norman, Oklahoma where I signed the papers on an 05 K1200LT. It has 15K on it and no scratches that I could see. It's in good shape and ready to go. I only gave $8K for it. I thought that was fair enough. It doesn't have all the bells and whistle that my LTE had but it has the ones I wanted and use. All I'll have to change is the windscreen. It has some kind of shorty on it. I at least want a tall stock screen. I'm sure I'll have to change all the fluids first thing and drill the weep hole. Other than that I just wanna ride. ............. :dance:

·
Registered
494 Posts
Glad to see you found another LT. I do have to say that the newer LT's run better than my old 02 LTE did. So hopefully yours will be better than your last one....

Enjoy making it yours!

·
Registered
2,571 Posts
Welcome back to the asylum!

·
Registered
114 Posts
Am I missing something here?? To drill the weep hole it requires complete disassembly to point of removal of slave cyl does it not?

·
Registered
929 Posts
LittleJoe said:
Am I missing something here?? To drill the weep hole it requires complete disassembly to point of removal of slave cyl does it not?
You are correct...but I guess I don't see your point. I wouldn't think twice about doing the same thing if I had a new ride. Just my two cents.

·
Premium Member
1,345 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The 03 LTE I bought with 15K on it had the clutch go out at 19K from a leaking slave. I learned real quick how to work on an LT.............. :D

·
Premium Member
1,428 Posts
Same here... You pay shipping.. its yours...

ridinredfox said:
I have a stock '05 windshield. I replaced the OEM one for a C Bailey. Send a PM if interested.

Bill

·
Premium Member
1,428 Posts
rattler50 got the OEM I have.... Sorry guys.... That was my good deed for the day... Try again tomorrow... :bmw:

shoswell said:
Same here... You pay shipping.. its yours...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts