BMW Luxury Touring Community banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have not attended a CCR since Rap;id City. I have been, well not well, and very busy. In face (I am ashamed to adfmit) Didn;t hardly ride at all last year, and now I think that the Battery is out (I had it on a trickle charger, but still, no power at all).

Any way, I love Duluth and the north shore. I ave driven around Lake Superior at least five or six times, and I recoment it.

The North Shore drive (North of Duluth to the Canidan border, HWY 61) is, to my view one of most beautiful in the world. Of course the South shore, Bayfield and the UP of Mish, especially the Penninsula that ends at Coppe Harbor, the procupine mountains and Lake of the Clouds, well, simply stunning!)

Then I hope people check out the underground mine, now detcting neutrinos or something like that, two mile beneath the earth, a tour not to miss, unless claustrophobia is an issue for you.

OK I will stop souning like the chamber of commerce, just that his has gotten me off my proverbial behind, and I am ordering a new battery, and getting ready to change fluids, check tires, brakes and clutch and maybe (lets not go overboard here), wash the bike.

I will not be staying at the Raddison, partially becvause money is tight, but mostly because my son and two grandchildre live in Duluth, and well, I just can't miss an opportunity to hang out there. Peerhaps some of us can go over there for a barbeque and to let me show of the smartest cutest and most adorable children (other than your grandchildren of course) in the world.

Thanks for having this is Duluth, my favorite riding ground and bringing me a the BatCycle bat together.

Dave

· Registered
239 Posts
Welcome back Dave! :bmw: Will be good to see you. Not many from the first CCR left :(

· Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey Larry, It will be good to see youand whomever else I know, and of course meet new friends.

I bet not too many are still riding their original 1999 that they rode to Broken Bow, huh?
I hope to do a lot of riding in the North Country. Ely Minnesota, Lake of the Woods, perhaps even do some fishing. If you haven't caught a Lake Superior Lake Trout or Steelhead or the illusive Salmon you are in for a real treat. They grow them big is the largest fresh water lake (by volume) in the world. Too cold to swim unless you are willing to risk hypothermia except in some of the shallower bays. or river inlets.

If you like to sail, we call the Apostile Islands the carribean of the north, and they are always sailboats to charter (with or without a captain).

I hae not attennded as many as you.
Broken Bow
Hot Springs
Santa Fe
Gatlenburg
Breckinridge
The Tetons
Rapid City
and now Duluth

Let

· Registered
239 Posts
No, not too many on their 99, in fact probably just you! lol While once in awhile there is someone from CCR2000 in attendance, the only two left that have made them all are Randy and I. I sold mine just before Rapid City. It had 154,000 miles on it, it was too expensive, and not reliable enough for the riding that I do. With my Concours, I just change the oil and that's it!

As for the Duluth area, I know thee is some decent riding up there. So far only been there once, on the way around Lake Superior. Will have to see what the gang wants to do while we are up there. Not sure if fishing will make the cut, but could be fun!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.