BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A much greater oxymoron is BMW Motorrad Customer Service!!! or total lack there of. What a joke. I couldn't be more disappointed and it's very clear that they couldn't care less. Is there anyone reading this that has any idea how to get to someone in Customer Service that can actually provide Customer Service? If so, please please help me. I'm at wits end. They don't even bother returning phone calls.

My 2008 K1200LT has been in the shop for more than 4 weeks broken down for 3 seperate issues including a major engine repair with less than 2000 miles on it. Now the centerstand locks up half way down intermittently and has nearly launched me off the bike into traffic. I've been told "just be careful and keep an eye on it" How do you keep an eye on the underside of your bike. I have done some research and it appears that the Upper Management at BMW Motorcycles really doesn't give a crap about us customers or what we think and now apparently BMW doesn't even care if we are injured or killed by a defect in their product. This is truly frightening and I hope and pray nobody ever has to go through the run around I've been put through so far and it's not over. I never and I mean never would have thought I would ever say these words but " I'm almost wishing that I bought a Harley" and I just might!

·
Registered
714 Posts
I think most people have found the best route is to work through their dealer. I think you will get the most satisfaction going that route. I understand your frustration but you'll need to be patient and work with the dealer on this.

Kevin

·
Premium Member
542 Posts
Diddly said:
A much greater oxymoron is BMW Motorrad Customer Service!!! or total lack there of. What a joke. I couldn't be more disappointed and it's very clear that they couldn't care less. Is there anyone reading this that has any idea how to get to someone in Customer Service that can actually provide Customer Service? If so, please please help me. I'm at wits end. They don't even bother returning phone calls.

My 2008 K1200LT has been in the shop for more than 4 weeks broken down for 3 seperate issues including a major engine repair with less than 2000 miles on it. Now the centerstand locks up half way down intermittently and has nearly launched me off the bike into traffic. I've been told "just be careful and keep an eye on it" How do you keep an eye on the underside of your bike. I have done some research and it appears that the Upper Management at BMW Motorcycles really doesn't give a crap about us customers or what we think and now apparently BMW doesn't even care if we are injured or killed by a defect in their product. This is truly frightening and I hope and pray nobody ever has to go through the run around I've been put through so far and it's not over. I never and I mean never would have thought I would ever say these words but " I'm almost wishing that I bought a Harley" and I just might!

It sounds to me like you need to change dealers. If they actually told you to keep riding with this defect I would think that they would be liable if you crashed because of it. I would definitely disconnect the power from the stand until it was repaired. You should ask your dealer if they would contact the area rep. from BMW NA so that you could talk to him. Also, if you are having multiple problems & the bike is still in warranty you might contact your state attorney general & check out the local lemon laws.

·
Registered
616 Posts
Diddly said:
My 2008 K1200LT has been in the shop for more than 4 weeks broken down for 3 seperate issues including a major engine repair with less than 2000 miles on it. .............." I'm almost wishing that I bought a Harley" and I just might!

Are the fellas at Dartmouth a little bored this afternoon?

·
Registered
717 Posts
As I understand it, if the dealer has your vehicle for more than 30 days total, (doesn't have to be continuous) you have a lemon law case.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Hay Diddy
I did go back to HD ultra
Had an 06 Lt less than 10000 miles rear engine seal leak, clutch not slipping but right next door Rear radio speakers in-op most of the time. Just a matter of time before other known problems would arise. Didn't want to have to deal with those kinds of repairs on a 24.000 dollar motorcycle that I bought new. So I said bye bye Lt. Harley has the new frame now handling is way better than before not as good as the Lt but not bad. Happy now...........
Thats my story an Im stickin to it. Good Luck!!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
1,481 Posts
hp1bmw said:
It sounds to me like you need to change dealers. If they actually told you to keep riding with this defect I would think that they would be liable if you crashed because of it. I would definitely disconnect the power from the stand until it was repaired. You should ask your dealer if they would contact the area rep. from BMW NA so that you could talk to him. Also, if you are having multiple problems & the bike is still in warranty you might contact your state attorney general & check out the local lemon laws.
I don't know about New Hampshire, but in Washington state, motorcycles are exempt from lemon laws.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Mikebeem said:
Hay Diddy
I did go back to HD ultra
Had an 06 Lt less than 10000 miles rear engine seal leak, clutch not slipping but right next door Rear radio speakers in-op most of the time. Just a matter of time before other known problems would arise. Didn't want to have to deal with those kinds of repairs on a 24.000 dollar motorcycle that I bought new. So I said bye bye Lt. Harley has the new frame now handling is way better than before not as good as the Lt but not bad. Happy now...........
Thats my story an Im stickin to it. Good Luck!!!!!!!
I had nothing but trouble with my gutless 2006 HD Ultra and dealer could have cared less. Dumped the ultra and took a bath, got the LT used and other than the cheap plastic stuff that keeps breaking I have had no problems. I think it's just the luck of the drawer. I have a 2009 HD Dyna that has been perfect. Go figure.

·
Registered
3,525 Posts
I also think you need a better dealer.... Name the offender !
John

·
Registered
717 Posts
I would never go from a BMW with antilock brakes to a H-D without. I know there's a 1000 ways to crash, but both my crashes, 40 and 32 years ago wouldn't have happened if I had antilock brakes.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts