BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
533 Posts
After having floorboards for many years on my Harley I am greatly enjoying just the pegs! I am just guessing on this from my experience with floorboards, but they may make reaching the ground a problem unless you have really long legs. It looks like your feet would need to go outside the floorboards when stopped and this may present a problem?

Regards,

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
I had them for a long time on my 1100RT and loved em. No problems with my short legs. Sometimes you can find them on Ebay or the forum classifieds for a lot less $. They really reduced my leg fatigue.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Have them on my 07 RT. Love them. They enable me to move my feet around a lot. This allows me more "leg room". No problem with reaching the ground. Do not even consider them when placing my feet on the ground-non issue. Ground clearance also a non issue. Very well made but of course expensive. Yes, my background was with cruisers so I was used to them right away. Do occasionally get "ribbed" because of the non "sporty" look. So be it. I like them. Bryan.
P.S. Tried to add a photo but is didn't seem to work. Pilot error I'm sure.

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Barry5k said:
I like the idea of floorboards and was wondering if anyone had purchased them. They are quite expensive. Do they get in the way of anything, and are they comfortable? If you have them, please comment. Thanks again to all the experts out there!!

http://www.iliumworks.com/Store_Detail.cfm?ID=220889&InfoID=5919
Looking at the pics, it becomes clear that you need heel-toe shifter and above-the-floor brake pedal.

·
Registered
3 Posts
No, heel toe shifter needed. Yes, the shifter and brake pedal function better with the extenders. IMO. Bryan.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Buy a crappy Harley if you want foot boards, heel toe shifters, instead of ruining decent refind looking motorcycles from Europe

1 - 8 of 8 Posts