BMW Luxury Touring Community banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just picked up a Nav III and have a few questions:
1. Is there any way to route voice commands through the radio speakers?;( I already bought a cheap headset at Radio Shack)
2. Do I need the BMW proprietary head phones to use both the radio and bluetooth functions?
3. If I need the BMW head phones, does anyone have them and how much are they?
4. Are there alternatives to the aformentioned head phones?

Please do be mindful of the fact that I am Electrogadget Challanged and probably woun't understand Geekspeak.

Many thanks for any help you folks can give me.

Regards,

Will

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Will,

I would probably recommend that since you are Electrogadget Challenged, then a trip to the dealer would be your best best.

BUT I can answer a few of these.

1. YES you can route command they the speaker stereo but you will not like it. One way is to purchase the AUX cable and run the GPS out to the AUX cable and set the stereo to AUX and you will hear what comes out of the GPS. BUT you will not get any radio or music out the speakers at the same time. PLUS the AUX volume is VERY low. so probably will not hear the commands at highway speeds anyway...

As far as the rest, I use Bluetooth. I have a Zumo model from Garmin and a Scala rider in my Schubert helmet that I use for my phone, MP3 music, and connected to my Zumo and I get everything all in one place except for what comes out the stereo speakers.

Also I have NO wires which is a bonus.

I hope this helps.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.