BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got a sidestand foot enlarger from Ilium Works for my 2002 LTC. When I went to install it, the patern of the foot didn't quite fill the recess in the foot enlarger. I contacted Ilium Works and they told me that I must have one of the odd size side stands that BMW put on some LT's. Seems they don't make a foot for one like mine, so I improvised. I removed the enlarger and drilled and tapped 2 more holes in it to secure the rear of the foot from moving back in the enlarger. Works like a charm.

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Just got a sidestand foot enlarger from Ilium Works for my 2002 LTC. When I went to install it, the patern of the foot didn't quite fill the recess in the foot enlarger. I contacted Ilium Works and they told me that I must have one of the odd size side stands that BMW put on some LT's. Seems they don't make a foot for one like mine, so I improvised. I removed the enlarger and drilled and tapped 2 more holes in it to secure the rear of the foot from moving back in the enlarger. Works like a charm.
Same problem with my Y2K. Tore the foot off in the twisties in Arkansas.

Robert

1 - 2 of 2 Posts