BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since buying my RT last April I have not liked the ride position I was put in. So after looking at the Bar Back that Ilium sells I bought a set......1 5/8 doesn't sound like much but you would be surprise how much of a difference it does make..... a much more comfortable position for me...... but that's not the end of the story.....

BMW RTs handlebars aren't conducive to adding farklles.....enter the Bar Back with it's 2 round bars of which claws can be mounted. Was able to mount a device to hold my phone and as soon as it arrives from Amazon(where else?) I will have a cup holder.

Attachments

·
Registered
92 Posts
Since buying my RT last April I have not liked the ride position I was put in. So after looking at the Bar Back that Ilium sells I bought a set......1 5/8 doesn't sound like much but you would be surprise how much of a difference it does make..... a much more comfortable position for me...... but that's not the end of the story.....

BMW RTs handlebars aren't conducive to adding farklles.....enter the Bar Back with it's 2 round bars of which claws can be mounted. Was able to mount a device to hold my phone and as soon as it arrives from Amazon(where else?) I will have a cup holder.

First the first time ever, I installed bar backs/risers (also Ilium) on my bike, a 2019 1250RT. Like you said, a great place to mount stuff as well as making the seating position more comfortable. Here's a pic of my Rockform mount for my phone.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Did you notice you can buy the GS handlebar grip clamps (half clamp), which give you "mirror mount" lug, which you can then just screw in a threaded RAM ball into, instead of a mirror? You can have 2 more mounts for like $30.

Attachments

·
Registered
'17 RTW; Dark Blue; Illium barbaks and crash bars; Sargent seat, Aeroflow Tall windscreen.
131 Posts
I have a pair of these too...I also feared that they wouldn't move the bars enough to make a difference...wrong. Makes a huge difference. I use a Sargent seat. It's very good with bar-backs and was just a bit awkward without them. I didn't think I'd like the look, but got used to it the first long ride with them. Rumble, I like those pin-stripes!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Did you notice you can buy the GS handlebar grip clamps (half clamp), which give you "mirror mount" lug
Rumble,
Can you help either with a better picture or link? I have googled the heck out of that, but am not finding it.
I have a new-to-me 16 RT, and am going through the standard "how do I count stuff?" phase.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts