BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just finished installing a Garmin 2730 Street Pilot and the Baehr K1200 intercom system on a 05’ K1200. The 2730 is wired directly to the battery and grounded there. The Baehr is installed as per its instructions. When I run the stock components, i.e. CD player and radio, through the Baehr, everything sounds wonderful. When I connect the stereo output of the 2730 to the Baehr intercom system I can hear faint ignition noise coming from the left channel speakers of the Baehr system. If anyone has experienced this problem or knows how to solve it, feel free to offer your thoughts. Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I just finished installing a Garmin 2730 Street Pilot and the Baehr K1200 intercom system on a 05’ K1200. The 2730 is wired directly to the battery and grounded there. The Baehr is installed as per its instructions. When I run the stock components, i.e. CD player and radio, through the Baehr, everything sounds wonderful. When I connect the stereo output of the 2730 to the Baehr intercom system I can hear faint ignition noise coming from the left channel speakers of the Baehr system. If anyone has experienced this problem or knows how to solve it, feel free to offer your thoughts. Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
323 Posts
Do an advanced search using the words 'Baehr Intercom noise' and a number of threads will come up about this subject. Your question is addressed in many of them. The thread 'Baerh Whine' by mpillis is a good one. HTH.

Austin S.

·
Registered
704 Posts
Try rerouting the wire from the GPS. If it is near or up against any of the LT's ignition or electrical components it picks up noise.

·
Registered
6,424 Posts
Did you use just a standard 1/8" mini plug to make the connection from the Baehr to the 2720? My guess that is your noise issue. The cable that connects the GPS to the Baehr needs to have a noise suppressor in the line and I think Baehr makes one. It has been mentioned on the site before. Use the search feature and you should be able to find your fix. I'm sure Raffy will have an answer too.

·
Registered
2,829 Posts
noise suppression cord

I installed the Baehr Noise Suppressing Cable - CAEF-02-01
inline and it pretty much cured that. I also used dielectric grease to each cable connection and sealed the connections with electrical tape to keep out any moisture. Seams to have cured the background noise accept when I put the bike in reverse, I hear the starter whine.
By the cord here:
http://motogear4you.com/mcart/index.cgi?code=3&cat=14

eharris said:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts