BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

If you're looking - here's a steal

1K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  Beemerider 
#1 ·
#3 ·
rkimmel2 said:
It probably is a great deal, but I always felt that many bike's and car's real life expectancy is determined by its treatment in the first few thousand miles.

Don't underestimate the ability to quickly ruin a new engine.
True, and that's why I'd never buy a used car from a rental company. However, a lot of the low mileage LT's out there are being sold by riders who never got the feel of the bike and sell out of fear. It's a little harder to hurt something your afraid to push to the limit. Now a low mileage sport bike being sold by a guy in a body cast would probably scare me off.

#4 ·
mjordans2000 said:
True, and that's why I'd never buy a used car from a rental company. However, a lot of the low mileage LT's out there are being sold by riders who never got the feel of the bike and sell out of fear. It's a little harder to hurt something your afraid to push to the limit. Now a low mileage sport bike being sold by a guy in a body cast would probably scare me off.

On the other hand, If the PO was the type to lug it around all the time...not so good either. I would rather have a used bike that was ridden hard and taken care of than a garage queen.

#5 ·
Interesting comments - my '06 has less than 12K on the clock, is ridden regularly, properly serviced & I can and do keep up with my 34 yo son on his R12GSA (although not on the gravel roads....)

It's just that I put 100 or more miles on it on the weekend, and little to nothing during the week, plus a 3K trip every year.

Now that we have the Spyder, the LT is never ridden around town - guess that I'm too much the optimist & think that everyone keeps his bike like I do... :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.