BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would you stop there? I will be in the area and figured I would make that a stop. The Trip Advisor Site opinions say "its not worth going out of your way" "Tourist Trap" "Flea Market" etc. I know that opinions are plentyful but glad to hear the bikers angle. Thanks

·
Registered
697 Posts
It will be interesting to see other folks opinion on this. Yes it is a tourist trapand there are some junk shops there, but for me, I have been impressed with some of the creative artwork with the Corn Palace walls. It has been 10yrs since my last visit and if I was in the area, I would stop again.

·
Premium Member
83 Posts
I stopped there a couple years ago didn't really care for it. To many other good sites to see. A waste of time I think.

·
Registered
519 Posts
We (wife and I) stopped there on the way to CCR in 2009.

Thought it was worth the visit, and very interesting if you have not seen it.

I would go again if I was in the area.

Bowdon.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,857 Posts
bowdon said:

Bowdon.

Agree completely.

·
Registered
688 Posts
Worth the stop if you have never been there. Otherwise, there are a bunch more things to see and ride to in the area that are better.

Ultra LT

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
14,534 Posts
They make a killer Root Beer Float!!! I think it is way better than the Corn Palace.

·
Registered
290 Posts
The home made ice cream is good!

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
Well if you stop there, you'll be able to respond when this thread reappears in a year or two, that's about all I got from my visit.

·
Registered
468 Posts
If I had not been there? I would stop. I would have to after seeing so many signs, just like I have had to stop and pay my $.50 to see "The Thing" near Wilcox, AZ.

Dale White

·
Registered
3,734 Posts
bowdon said:

Bowdon.
Ditto, if you are in the area you gotta stop and see apart of Americana!

·
Registered
912 Posts
In the 1930's, they gave out free drinks of ice cold water, which if you were crossing S.D in the summer in the 30's, was nirvana. They still do, by the way.

The Root Beer floats are great.

It is worth spending a little time there, and besides, its on the way from the slab to the badlands.

I guess it depends on your sense of humor, or your sense of history. But if you have time, do stop for a bit, stretch your legs, and let that sense of wonder you were born with have a few minutes to wander.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Why not stop? It's just off the exit ramp and a unique piece of Americana. Good place to stretch your legs and have a cold beverage. It's much better than the average rest stop on any Interstate Highway. :D

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
Great place to wait for tow when your Final Drive give out (CCR Rapid City).

Excellent Buffalo Burger at the place across the street.

Worth checking out, somebody put alot of effort into gathering an amazing amount of "stuff".

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Stopped there once...it is worth a one time visit, but there are many better things to do just down the road in either direction.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts