BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,571 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought my C4 in November, and no issues, until this past weekend. Was riding in Lassen Nat'l Park, in the mid-30's temps, and experienced massive visor fogging. Never have had this problem on any helmet for years (because the good helmets have the pin lock). Turns out the pin lock was NOT sealing well along the bottom, and it was fogging between the face shield and pin lock layers.

Called Schuberth North America, and they are replacing. I mention this here, because others may have had the same problem with their "early production" C4. The guy at Schuberth North America told me that this is a known issue in early production C4s, and they made a change to the pin lock and visor.

Reactions: kbob12

·
Registered
66 Posts
Bought my C4 in November, and no issues, until this past weekend. Was riding in Lassen Nat'l Park, in the mid-30's temps, and experienced massive visor fogging. Never have had this problem on any helmet for years (because the good helmets have the pin lock). Turns out the pin lock was NOT sealing well along the bottom, and it was fogging between the face shield and pin lock layers.

Called Schuberth North America, and they are replacing. I mention this here, because others may have had the same problem with their "early production" C4. The guy at Schuberth North America told me that this is a known issue in early production C4s, and they made a change to the pin lock and visor.
This is great info, and thanks for posting. I had the exact same problem with my visor but didn't think to call them. I will now.

·
Registered
241 Posts
I had this same issue on my C3. I replaced the pinlock once, but it still would not stay in place and seal.

·
Registered
219 Posts
I couldn't get a decent fit in a Schuberth and picked up a Scorpion EXO 3000 for a lot less money.
It took a little adjusting of the foam in the front and back with an 8-ball to fit my bean, but so far, I'm really liking it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts