BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you could choose to have your LT in whatever other color you could, what would it be? What color is it now and what would you change it to.
At CCR this year I saw a light green LT that was a knock out. I think I'd change to that. Currently have Basalt Grey -- which I also like. Black is also cool. What are your choices?

·
Registered
191 Posts
When I bought my 2007 the choices were black, metallic blue and metallic gray. I chose the gray. if I could have had any color my choices would have been:
1. Bright yellow (many years ago I was laying on the ground while the driver who had just totaled my motorcycle stood over me and said he didn't see me)
2. White
3. Metallic gold
4. Metallic silver

Bruce

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
I like the Mauve color offered up to 03. My two previous bikes were repainted in purple. The colors offered are very restrained, imo. I really like the graphics of the sport bikes - the more the better. But I don;t see a tourer being that garish. I do like the yellow, orange, and blue that the wings are offered in. White isn't even bad.

As for the visibility of yellow, I have a Nissan Crew Cab in yellow and folks just seem to see it and realize " Hey I can make it!" and pull in front of you anyway. Not sure if it really helps or not.

Given a choice, charcoal (my bike) would have been second to last, with black being last. And I haven't decided what color might look better.

Randy

·
Registered
329 Posts
Mine is an '07 in Biarritz Blue Metallic. I like it a lot, but if I had a choice of colors, it would be White.

Ray

·
Registered
5 Posts
Let me first say that I probably don't have a dog in this hunt since I am not a BMW owner (yet!). I am looking very closely at the LT and RT, though.

I have to admit that the Champagne, Biarritz Blue, Mauve, Black, and Grey all look great on the LT. But if BMW were to provide other color choices, I would like to see these offered:

1. candy crimson
2. light green pearl
3. white pearl

What are everyone's opinion on a two-tone and what color combinations would be attractive?

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
Yellow

Yellow would be my choice....................

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,872 Posts
I have an 06 blue, but have considered a pattern similar to D.Kinseys, with the base color a Pearl White with a blue tint and the original color showing through in some pattern.

·
Registered
550 Posts
Is there another color other than Black? :histerica
But I would Love to have member D. Kinsey paint my bike...nice job on the yellow!!

·
Registered
3,328 Posts
I have the light green one. I got it used and it was not my first choice in colors but it was the bike I wanted at the price I could afford.
Well, after just under 2 years on it, the green is now my first choice. I guess it's just different. I do get lots of compliments about the color fro, people at the grocery store.
Most bikes are black and there is nothing prettier than a black bike that is clean. I do not keep my bikes clean and live in a dusty part of the planet.

·
Premium Member
650 Posts
I was going to get the '05 Blue but after seeing the LT brochure with the couple on the Light Yellow Metallic.... er Gold we realized our red coats and the gold were the USMC colors. So, Light Yellow Metallic is the best color. But....if I had to go to another color it would be bright red metallic.

·
Premium Member
259 Posts
David,

What's the cannister you have mounted to the right lower rear
quadrant of your bike? I meant to ask you the other day at the
RTE, but forgot. Paint sprayer? Depth Charge? Nail dropper?

BTW, David's the man for getting your bike's color changed to
what you REALLY want!!

As far as colors go, my wife likes the Barritz Blue, but I haven't
decided what I want yet.

·
Premium Member
173 Posts
gpolakow said:
If you could choose to have your LT in whatever other color you could, what would it be? What color is it now and what would you change it to.
At CCR this year I saw a light green LT that was a knock out. I think I'd change to that. Currently have Basalt Grey -- which I also like. Black is also cool. What are your choices?
Of the colors available at the time my choice was Pacific Blue, so that's what I had the dealer find. However, I probably would have opted for white had it been available.

Cheers,

·
Premium Member
275 Posts
I'd take one the same color as under the paint so I wouldn't have to fix all the scratches that it got this summer.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I think my favorite LT color is the maroon red or Canyon Red (I think that is its official name) . I wonder what Parsimmon Red would look like also? Next I like Pacific Blue (brite medium blue). A nice pearlescent brite White may be nice also....

A nice dark Navy blue is a great color as well. :bmw:

Oh yea....mine is Champagne, not bad , sometimes looks smoky silver grey or something.....

·
Premium Member
4,874 Posts
Green

Not too excited about the color in the beginning, ( I bought it at night and did not get a real good look) but have gotten used to it and get lots of compliments! Haven't seen too many so the color is unique around here.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts