BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,525 Posts
Government = Big Business...It's all just about getting money now..

We ARE those human batteries from The Matrix.

John

·
Registered
6,285 Posts
Seems very close to legalized extortion...

Arizona has had a "finite resources" ticket on the books for years - but its only good on state highways and if you are going less than 10mph over. $20.00 mail in fine and no points. ...but ya' gotta ask for it.

Insurance companies will usually KILL you with rate increases just for a couple of points - no matter what the industry spokesperson said.

I got tagged for 4mph over recently to the tune of $260.00 and no points since I attended a driver education class - which was truly a farce.

I queried my insurance agent (USAA) what the cost would be if I just blew it off and took the 2 points. While they said it may or may not raise my premium I would lose my "preferred driver discount" for myself and my wife - a little over $1,000.00 for the next three years. After that it would be off my record.

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
boyohboyohboy............this do set off the ol' stink-o-meter............. :think: :brick:

·
Registered
445 Posts
So what?
Speeding fines hereabouts are calculated from your earnings, there is a minimum amount and no max. Aaaaaaand it starts at 5 k's over the limit.
One guy just got fined 350.000 CH Franks (or Chuff's) for speeding.
Slammer got flashed the first day I bought my LT, I hit the part of Motorway near Zürich that doubles as a landing strip for jet fighters and opened the taps.
got to 160 and "flash, flash" the lawer calcualted a 50.000 Chuff fine and two years nick.
Have not heard anything yet so I am optimistic..

·
Premium Member
4,879 Posts
Seems like just another %^&#@ TAX with a lot of spin.....I love SC, but damn, some of the people.......

I always thought the reason for the grace, 5-10 MPH over the posted speed limit, was because of speedometer and radar inaccuracies.

Locally where I live Temple Terrace, adjacent to Tampa, the residential speed limit through the neighborhoods is 25 and they will stop you and write a ticket at 6 over. Got a few cameras at some major intersections that took more than $750,000 from the residents last year.

·
Premium Member
2011 R1200RT
8,170 Posts
Alternatively all states should do away with the so-called bilingual administration and stop spending all that cash on people who should not be here in the first place.
Problem solved! :D
(OK, this should probably be in the humore section since we know it will NEVER happen) :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
153 Posts
I got pulled over in Malvern PA. Officer tells me I was going 84 in a 55! I asked him how he tagged me and where? He gave a very light hearted answer, VASCAR by Chesterbrook Ave, you know - where we get everyone..... goes to his car but comes back with ticket for 60 in 55. Tells me he is cutting me a break and that if I just pay the fine of $120 there will be no points and no record. I am steaming inside as I am being as polite as possible with the officer. I figure no point in making a bad situation worse, I will fight my battle in court. In the following days I find that several of my friends have been given the exact same ticket. I have not confirmed this but one person told me that by doing this the township gets to keep 100% of the ticket revenue. If they write the ticket for more then the state gets involved and the towns don't make as much money. So like all the others I just pay my fine/tax and keep my mouth shut just as the township figures every one will. Even if you want to contest the ticket they make you send in the money with request for a court date, I don't think anyone gets their money back. As Ron said, legal extortion.....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts