BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sometimes I feel really stupid. I have had this LT for over 2 weeks now and was wondering how I was going to modify it to play tunes from my Ipod.

Today I discovered it has some kind of iSimple device already installed. The PO said it was there to keep his iPhone charged. I think it is more than that. It looks like a IS76 but from there I don't know any more.

Someone who does know, please get me up to speed. Maybe an instruction manual?
Here is a picture

Attachments

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Oh. Your not alone. When I first got my 2004 LT. I gotta tell ya. I was as lost as one can be. But from this forum. Kirk Johnsons videos and my manual. I've learned things I couldn't imagine 2 years ago. I remember when I found out about the little rubber tower that holds the gas cap during refueling. Or the LT is to be filled on the side stand. Yea. Felt kind of foolish.

·
Premium Member
1,595 Posts
There are a number of posts in the accessories and gadgets forum with links on this device. It does more than charge, you should be able to play tunes also.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
There are a number of posts in the accessories and gadgets forum with links on this device. It does more than charge, you should be able to play tunes also.
All I think I need is the instructions. Tried finding them online but not found so far.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
All I think I need is the instructions. Tried finding them online but not found so far.

Help

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Oh. Your not alone. When I first got my 2004 LT. I gotta tell ya. I was as lost as one can be. But from this forum. Kirk Johnsons videos and my manual. I've learned things I couldn't imagine 2 years ago. I remember when I found out about the little rubber tower that holds the gas cap during refueling. Or the LT is to be filled on the side stand. Yea. Felt kind of foolish.
Ok, you started rubbing it in! Tell what the little pointy thing on the gas cap is for??? I have been wondering for two weeks.

·
Premium Member
1,595 Posts
Ok, you started rubbing it in! Tell what the little pointy thing on the gas cap is for??? I have been wondering for two weeks.
:D it holds the gas cap of course. :wave

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
14,257 Posts
The little pointy thingy goes into the little rubber thingy:)

Attachments

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The little pointy thingy goes into the little rubber thingy:)
And all this time I thought it had something with Bavarian Emissions control?

'..."..and the winner is!
Winston Churchill's famous quote, "Neva, Neva, give up!"

I finally figured it out. Next time I get an owners walkAround, I am going to tape it for future reference.

There is a tiny rocker switch in the cubby that that turns it on.
Viola! (Wall-la) it works, but only on FM 87.5.

Nothing fancy, and it sells for only $37.95. I'll bet it was very popular and more expensive 5 years ago.

It gives me options but only at 35mph and below.

It will charge my iphone while the iphone bluetooths music to my Scala Rider.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
What I want now is for the bikes radio to bluetooth sound to my Scala Rider

·
Premium Member
7,623 Posts
You talking about the gas cap condom?
:histerica

·
Premium Member
414 Posts
What I want now is for the bikes radio to bluetooth sound to my Scala Rider
I think a Sena SM10-01 and SC-A0124 would do that for you.
I am planning on getting them myself with a Sena SMH10R to try.
It will probably be a month or two before I can afford it, so if anyone else has tried these could you chime in. If not I guess I'll be the first guinea pig.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I think a Sena SM10-01 and SC-A0124 would do that for you.
I am planning on getting them myself with a Sena SMH10R to try.
It will probably be a month or two before I can afford it, so if anyone else has tried these could you chime in. If not I guess I'll be the first guinea pig.
I already have Scala Rider G4 that works great but like all the other bluetooth headsets including Sena, i can't get my favorite station which is on the AM dial.

I love the BMW radio because it is easy to use while riding. I wish it had an Aux connection.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts