BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This past winter I did a bunch of maintenance items to my bike. (03 k1200). Among other things, I had the throttle body off. Since I finished the job, I have started it a few time and when it starts, it idles up to about 3000 rpm. As soon as I bump the throttle it comes right down to a normal idle. Any ideas what might cause this?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
574 Posts
This past winter I did a bunch of maintenance items to my bike. (03 k1200). Among other things, I had the throttle body off. Since I finished the job, I have started it a few time and when it starts, it idles up to about 3000 rpm. As soon as I bump the throttle it comes right down to a normal idle. Any ideas what might cause this?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
Perhaps the first thing to check would be your throttle cable adjustments. You may have it a little tight or it may just be sticking. Does the cable go around any tight bends on it's way to the throttle body.

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
14,169 Posts
Check to make sure none of the clamps are interfering with each of the individual TB butterfly. Then make sure all return springs are still connected. Routing of the cables is important, green stripe cable goes outboard at the fan shroud clips.

Reactions: Voyager and Patric

·
Registered
323 Posts
Jzeiler's advice about the clamps is very good. Positioning is critical on those, particularly if you replaced them with a different style (more bulky style)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts