BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 99 LT and recently the idle is not working properly. At cold starts the engine tends to die. As the engine warms the idle is normal RPM, around 900. When the engine is at operating temp, the idle is at about 1250 RPM. I have a new air filter and my mechanic, from a phone call description from me, says it is the "stepper motor" also called the idle control mod i think. Any one?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I looked and I think the stepper motor is the throttle valve actuater in the repair manual. could the throttle position sensor be called something else?

·
Registered
255 Posts
john24701 said:
I looked and I think the stepper motor is the throttle valve actuater in the repair manual. could the throttle position sensor be called something else?
gs-911 is similar to the moditec that the garage uses, i think i would start by adjusting the tps if you can borrow a gs-911. of course the dealer can fix this if you can not

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you edmann for the information. Thanks for making me awarwe that there is an adjustment that may possibly fix the problem I wasn't aware before.

John

1 - 7 of 7 Posts