BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
786 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had the LT in for the computer test this morning. The dealer provided two readouts, one was red, the other green. They adjusted one of the cables. It went in due to RPM's oscillating at stop lights, occasionally as high as 1400 I would say.

When we bought this in Nov., I had a lot of problems with it stalling the first 2-3 stops signs from the house. I have not had the stalling issue since the first use or two this Spring.

When I drove home after testing today, it was oscillating at 1000 (maybe 50-75 RPM's or so), which it did not do before. Sometimes, not at all.

I was not able to locate any information in the manual or with a search.

The estimate to replace it is $424 & tax. The service manager felt it would be ok as it is and did not recommend lubing the cables. 43k on the bike, last stamped service was 36k.

Any information would be appreciated. I may start taking the bike apart this afternoon for the shock replacements.

Thanks in advance!

·
Premium Member
7,795 Posts
Replacing the "IAC" solenoid is not hard... you can't really clean them up sufficiently and it's a hassle taking off the bike's lingere.

Once you replace the part, you will need to "reset" the Moronic in the usual way by actuating the throttle.

Since you are that far "in", just replace the cables.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts