BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have always ridden with half and 3/4 helmets and have purchased a full face helmet for a cross country trip. Would some members throw out some suggestions on drinking water while riding with a full face? I have a camelback but have so little clearance from chin to mouth not sure it'll even work? Thanks in advance. John

·
IBR# 366
16,569 Posts
Try opening your face shield and coming in from the top. That works with my C2 helmet.

·
Registered
938 Posts
Get a cup holder, along straw with a sippy cup .. I have a flip up helme and I can drink from a regular water bottle by flipping up the helmet. The cup holder works fine with most water bottles.

Not high tech, but it works...

·
Registered
185 Posts
Here is an idea.

One of these added to your CamelBak will help. One end goes in the tube, the other is where you move the bite valve. Plus it gives you a handy shut-off so you don't lose your water.

·
Premium Member
3,872 Posts
I have no problems getting my camelback hose to my mouth under my full face helmet. That 90 degree nozel might be worth the investiment though.

·
Premium Member
1,178 Posts
90 degree valve

I have a Shoie RF 1000 an can drink with the helmet on using the 90 degree bite valve from CamelBak. It is a snug fit but very doable.

I carry the camelbak in the top of my tank bag and seems to work for me.

Roy

·
Registered
797 Posts
If you don't mine being looked at funny, you can do what I do. I use a squatty clear water bottle with a hole drilled into the top for a bendable straw, the 90 degree tip of which I have cut off about an inch long. I slip the staw up under my full face and take a sip or two without any problem. I found a thin insulated cover for the water bottle and the combination fits snugly in the BMW cup holder. (Note: it took me awhile to find the right size bottle for this to work the way I wanted it to.)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts