BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally installed firmware to the new 2b2 version. The install went well.:)

When I went to the set-up menu to change the charging option again all went well. :)

Shut the radio off and when I turned the radio on again all was lost. :confused:

No scrolling text and no setup menu. The CD6 position does not show the
setup option.

Anyone have an idea

·
Premium Member
2,338 Posts
Bill,

Did you figure this one out yet? Where did you get the "2B2" version? If you got it from Dension you also got an MP3 to turn off the scrolling text and your menu is back on the iPod itself. You have to re-install the scrolling text when you're finished with the update.

·
Registered
408 Posts
How do you turn it back on....Details please.

·
Registered
4,905 Posts
No problem...

Re-enabling scrolling text is as easy as playing the "text to radio" mp3 from your iPod. I keep this file on my iPod at all times, just in case I accidentally disable scrolling text. If anyone needs the file, PM me your email address and I'll send you that file, AND the manual update file needed to make updates a piece-of-cake too.

HTH

·
Premium Member
2,338 Posts
airborneod said:
How do you turn it back on....Details please.
I assume you are referring to the scrolling text? Do you still have the MP3 for the text on your iPod? If not you have to put it back on. If you need the MP3 you can either download it from the Dension site of email myself or Joe and we'll email the file to you.

To re-install the scrolling you start the MP3 and plug in the iPod into your iceLink. It will automatically restart the function.

·
Premium Member
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Finally got to try the text to bmw file.

Now the set-up menu is available on the ipod screen.

The text file does not seem to run from the ipod.

The text on from the set up menu does seem to work until it says
select C, which button is C?

Thanks

·
Registered
2,365 Posts
messenger13 said:
Re-enabling scrolling text is as easy as playing the "text to radio" mp3 from your iPod. I keep this file on my iPod at all times, just in case I accidentally disable scrolling text. If anyone needs the file, PM me your email address and I'll send you that file, AND the manual update file needed to make updates a piece-of-cake too.

HTH

Hi Messenger,
I'm buying a second hand Ice-Link and I received a picture of the current owner.
it was give to him with his bike, but he removed it right away, since he doesn't have an iPod, so he doesn't know if it works or not.
I can't see any CD on the picture and also I can see it is' a Blitz Safe box (I didn't know ice link was a blitz safe).
So, assuming it is the right harware for our bikes, would you say you can see anything I would need to make it work?

Would you mind to send the MP3 and the manual update file?
Thank you
Elton

Attachments

·
Registered
468 Posts
I am now at that same place. Did you figure out what Select C means. Or what did you do next?

Thanks.

Dale White

·
Premium Member
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
No I did not get an answer to the C question.

·
Registered
468 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
messenger13 said:

HTH
Hey being a new LT and iceLink Plus owner, am wondering if there is an iceLink FAQ or something (other than reading the tons of threads in the archives)? Sounds like there has been a lot of pain and hard-fought lessons learned along the way (I love this community!). I don't mind going and doing the research, I was just wondering if there is a faster route to enlightenment w/getting my iPod connected to my 05 LT.

Thanks!
OB

·
Registered
6,424 Posts
Look in the Hall of Wisdom

Use the Technical pull down just under the pictures at the top of the page, select Hall of Wisdom and then search for iPod. You'll find 10 to 12 items.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts