BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am about to purchase a Dension Ice link to hook up my iPod to the LT. Local dealer says it is simple, just remove cd changer (which I never use) and plug it in. If I read correctly in the old forum, I will only be able to use my playlists by number. Could I just get a long cable and mount the iPod on the bars and control it from there?

Just how hard is it to remove, and more importantly to replace the tupperware? I have several projects I want to do, but I am usually good at removing things, not so good at replacing.

Thanks for your help in advance!

·
Registered
633 Posts
Icelink plus comes with a cable long enough to reach the handlebar / tank area from the saddlebag area where I have the actual iceLink connected to the CD changer port and power lines.

IMHO, I don't recommend trying to control the iPod while in motion, but prefer to set the iPod to shuffle play. Keeps the eyes on the road. If I don't like a song I just press the BMW handlebar control for the radio/CD and it skips to the next song.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
lhendrick said:
Icelink plus comes with a cable long enough to reach the handlebar / tank area from the saddlebag area where I have the actual iceLink connected to the CD changer port and power lines.

IMHO, I don't recommend trying to control the iPod while in motion, but prefer to set the iPod to shuffle play. Keeps the eyes on the road. If I don't like a song I just press the BMW handlebar control for the radio/CD and it skips to the next song.
Good point. Once I have a playlist selected I don't need to change anything for a few hours so didn't intend to play with it while riding. What I am curious about is what shows up in the radio display when playing the iPOD? Can you scroll through your playlists? I guess I can just do it from the saddlebag. At least I can lock it up in there.

Thanks.

·
Registered
874 Posts
I can only see CD1 through CD5 on my display. The '05s wont display info like the previous years. Also, I dont have the latest version of the firmware, must get it soon.

·
Registered
4,905 Posts
lhendrick said:
With some in-the-garage quality practice time, navigating through the ice-Link's menus is a breeze while on the road. I am able to select playlists, artists, albums, or album play (a feature the iPod can't even do without the ice>Link). Let me know if there's anything I can help you with to achieve this...if you care to.

·
Premium Member
696 Posts
Agree on garage time learning

Joe,
I agree with you on the garage time learning. Once learned, you can easily move around in the CD6 mode. However, I usually just select one of my 5 playlists.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts