BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just purchased a 4G iPod Nano yesterday and loaded my iTunes library into it. I purchased an Ice Link a couple months ago from eBay that came with the cradle connector instead of the dock cable. The Ice Link included an adaptor sleeve for the iPod Mini, so I wondered whether Denison would offer a similar adaptor for the Nano.

Denison's website now features a pic of the Nano but indicates that the dock cable connector must be used. I'd actually prefer the cable to the cradle since I plan on keeping the Nano in the oddments box. Problem is, I can no longer find the dock connector on Denison's website. Does anyone have a source for these cables, and a price?

Some have reported iPod lockup on the LT due to heat buildup. Anyone know whether the flash memory-based Nano runs cooler than the hard drive-based iPods?

·
Registered
169 Posts
Just installed an 2GIG Nano along with an Ice>Link, works great. You have to call Dension to order the Dock Cable, don't have the number handy but it is availabe on the Web site.
Since the Nano is solid state and very small I hope thier won't be any lockup issues, will post a note once I have had enough time to check it out..

·
Registered
169 Posts
Here is the # for Dension Sales 866-822-DMP3, don't know the price, have to order one myself..
Be sure to use the latest firmwear on Ice>Link V2.2B2 I have it if you need It..

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, Tom. I couldn't find that number on the website. They are on Pacific time so I had to wait for them to open up.

I called Dension and ended up ordering the dock cable. The price was $39.00 plus $5.99 shipping. I asked if they would swap me for a cradle connector but no go.

The sales guy said that Dension would probably offer a Nano adaptor sleeve for the cradle but he had no idea when it would be available.

Although I could probably fabricate some kind of spacer for the cradle, I'd prefer to have the dock cable anyway since I want to keep the Nano in my oddments box; it has to share that little space with a mobile phone and the little flashlight.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts