BMW Luxury Touring Community banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just completed the ABS/Servo bypass and before I put all the tuberware back on I started it up.
The ABS light was lit but the bike is still on the stand. Just wondering if this light will go out when the bike starts moving?

BTW the bike is 2001 and Integrated ABS. I cut both wires 9 and 10

·
Registered
218 Posts
No it will not go out. Obviously the system is detecting a failure ( because you bypassed it). Most of us that have done the ABS bypass take out the bulb from the instrument panel ( or cut the wire) so the warning light isn't staring at us all of the time.

I personally took out the bulb, didn't like the idea of cutting sires in case I wanted to fix it later on...

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
15,356 Posts
The problem with pin 10 is it turns a relay on to remove the light. With the wire cut it will always stay on.

note it might be pin 9 I am in a rehab hospital for a few more days and don’t have my schematics here. Either way one puts out voltage to light the light and one put#bout voltage to turn off the light.
When we figure it out just connect that wire to 12 volts and the light will go off.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The problem with pin 10 is it turns a relay on to remove the light. With the wire cut it will always stay on.

note it might be pin 9 I am in a rehab hospital for a few more days and don’t have my schematics here. Either way one puts out voltage to light the light and one put#bout voltage to turn off the light.
When we figure it out just connect that wire to 12 volts and the light will go off.

So to be clear, if pin 9 has an output then this lights the light and if pin 10 has no 12v output then I can give it 12V to turn off the light?

If these pin numbers are right then if I connect ABS Module pin 9 output (which will now be always be 12V) to the cut wire from pin 10 then this should give a permanent 12V to turn off the light?

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
15,356 Posts
That is one way to do it. But there are two sides to cut wire, abs side and bike side. So you need to take pin 9 ( abs side ) and connect it to pin 10 ( bike side).

·
Premium Member
52 Posts

Hey John, I hope your rehabing goes well. We'll keep you in our thoughts and prayers. Get better!

Reactions: CaliCruiser

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
15,356 Posts
Thank for the well wishes. I get to go home on Monday morning and start outpatient PT. Gotta quit doing the stupid stuff with my 70 year old body.

·
Registered
413 Posts

Although we’ve never met, I can’t help feeling we are grand old friends! Best wishes for your speedy and complete recovery.

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
15,356 Posts
Although we’ve never met, I can’t help feeling we are grand old friends! Best wishes for your speedy and complete recovery.
Didn’t you come to one of the early Ironhorse gatherings?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts