BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have read many posts about windshields from the riders point of view. I am pretty happy with the stock tall shield for me. My SO does make comments sometimes about getting blown around. She would rather I always keep the shield in the full upper position. I would like to hear what the passengers opinion is about the different aftermarket shields. Which one gives them the least buffeting? Which one is best in cooler temps since fall is coming soon to our area. I would like to test ride a bike with the other shields on them but The timing off CCR just doesn't fit into our work schedule. Is there somewhere else we could try the different shields on a road test? If you could ask you passengers what their likes and dislikes are of the other shields, I would appreciate it before we buy something.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Well, I am about 50 miles down the road from you. I have a CB #2 -2 -4. Don't remember for sure on the height. My wife has ridden behind that, a CB #2 standard height, CB #2 with wings, stock, and a areoflow. I think here favorite was the CB #2 standard but then I couldn't look over it. She thought the standard was ok until I put on the CB #2 standard and then she like the way it stopped some of the wind and noise. She didn't like the areoflow nor did I.

I still have the areoflow and your welcome to come on over and try it on your bike. It will take about 15 min. to put it on. You can also take the wife for a ride on the the CB #2 and see what she thinks.

Just send me a PM or what ever and we could set up a time.

·
Registered
220 Posts
I'm not in on this topic, but THIS is why this site rocks. :dance:

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
My wife got a new helmet and says that makes a world of a difference. I have a stock windshield and had to have it up all the way when she rides with me. Now I can have the windshield all the way down and it is OK. Only when it gets windy (not from the bike) she'll want it only 1/2 way up.

She bought a SyMax II with the internal sunscreen visor.

Garry

·
Premium Member
1,481 Posts
I switched from the stock windshield to the Cee Bailey, -2 with wings. My SO noticed an immediate improvement in the amount of wind buffeting. We have experimented with the proper height and it appears to be about half way between full down and full up. My SO is 5' 6" tall.

·
Premium Member
2011 R1200RT
8,158 Posts
According to my 5'9" SO there was a big improvement from the stock shield to the CB #2 -2 (no wings) which I always keep low. A lot less head wind and buffeting for her.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Tom,

Thank you for the great offer. I will try to get her to schedule some time and we can get together to check out what you have. I will be contacting you next week. My job actually takes me to Byron on Wednesdays for a couple of hours every week, so I am familiar with the area. Thank you to everybody else for their input. At least we have another month to decide before it cools off up here.

·
Premium Member
1,561 Posts
I'm 5-11
Karen is 5-6
Stock windscreen was not good for either of us
(I always look over the screen)
Got a CB #2 with wings -3"
I love it..in cold weather the wings keep air off my arms
Karen noticed the difference right away (no more helmet buffeting)
Either one of us could read a book behind that windscreen without the wind turning the pages

·
Premium Member
2011 R1200RT
8,158 Posts
STARFIGHTER said:
Either one of us could read a book behind that windscreen without the wind turning the pages
...and I thought texting was dangerous while riding!!!:eek::rotf:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts