BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi-

Just so that you say that I am not riding. I left NJ on Saturday (with rain and wind ) and headed to Boston.

Usual route ( GSP NOrth, to 87E through Tappan Zee, to 684N, to 84E all the way to Mass turnpike, 95S and then exit at Dedham ).

I was so scared with the wind on the Tappan Zee ... IT almost moved me a couple of times 1 lane... I tried to line up a truck next to me, but it did not make such a huge impact. Maybe crosswinds were onstructed by the truck, but I was really moving. It was so bad that I had both of my feet down dragging at about 40mph with a lot of wind and pouring rain. Needless to say I have never been scared before on the bike like that.

Of course after having past that point, the rest of the trip was enjoyable minus a couple of glitches ( like a tree falling on the highway, and a couple of car accidents were the people lost control of the cars and skidded ).

Rain and wind on Saturday from my door to my friend's door. Total trip that day 280 miles, only one stop for gas....6 hour trip ( due to bad weather )

Yesterday, on the way back, the trip was a pleasure. There was some wind, but nothing at all compared to the Saturday gust. Time to come home on Sunday .... 4 hours 10 mins.

Did anyone see the ONLY lunatic on the road on Saturday ????? ( that would be me! )

I got a lot of waves by cars on Saturday .....I must be crazy or a motorcyclist

·
Registered
74 Posts
Spiros,

To answer your question, Yes you are crazy. I made that trip by car about 3 weeks ago. Maybe it's just me but Conn. has some of the worst roads to drive on. Hated it on the way up and hated it on the way down. Had to take wife to Worcester Mass.

We have to get out and ride ! Call me, e-mail me or PM me. BTW I am driving the bike down to Daytona this weekend for Biketoberfest. I hear the new Harley dealer on RT 1 in Daytona has ZZ Top scheduled to play one night. I need to see them in concert !

Let me know whats up my friend.

Vic Pusillo
2005 LT

·
Registered
4,404 Posts
Crazy

Spiros,
You gotta be nuts slabbing it all the way to Beantown. Or do you have a new girlfriend up there?
Ride safe.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Yeah Spiros, you usually do not go anywhere, unless there is a woman involved. ;)

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey now

Hi-

There was no woman involved in Boston. The rumors should be laid to rest now...

There is one in Toms River though....Been commuting there for the last couple of weeks

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
pdarke said:
That was you I passed? (Live off of exit 102 now).

New bike:

Did you pass me while I was on the bike?

I have taken the bike in the rain down there this week.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts