BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
again today ,,,,,,, Is it me or did it have a Buzz in the handlebars . I'm not going to bash the bike it's awesome. After 20 miles my hands were going to sleep with summer gloves.

The last time I took it out I had heavier gloves on and kind of noticed a little buzzing but didn't think anything of it :confused: :confused: :confused:

·
IBR# 366
16,544 Posts
There can be a slight buzz in some of the Slant/4 bikes, as with all inline fours. Some are better, some are worse, but the buzz does diminish as the miles pile on.

The Concours group had a procedure for fine tuning the engine's counter-balancers to minimize this buzz. I've seen the adjustment area on the Slant/4 engine but as far as I know, there's no documented procedure for this yet.

·
Registered
65 Posts
demo spin on a GT

I felt it on a dealer demo bike with MUCHO miles on it.....it wasn't my "cup of tea"; as well as the 4cyl "rattle" that I remember from all my UJMs of many moons ago.....then again it might have been better (not as painful) if I didn't have the level of hearing damage that I have at the moment........

just my two cents

·
IBR# 366
16,544 Posts
Re: demo spin on a GT

Turkus said:
I felt it on a dealer demo bike with MUCHO miles on it...
Define "MUCHO" please? These bikes are barely broken in at 10-20K miles. Anything less just doesn't count. :)

·
Registered
65 Posts
demo spin on a GT

meese said:
Define "MUCHO" please? These bikes are barely broken in at 10-20K miles. Anything less just doesn't count. :)
if I remember correctly, it had 8-10K on it......maybe a bit more

·
Registered
27 Posts
I have an 06 and 09 GT and would not say there is a buzz on the handle bars. The old K100 yes but not on this motor.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts