BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Decided to drive the Lt to work today. As I arrived at the parking garage and stopped to trigger the gate I noticed my ABS lights flashing alternately. I knew what this meant and as soon as I pulled into the parking space and turned her off I could hear the ABS pump running. I knew that the relay had stuck AGAIN!! So I pulled out the tool kit raised the seat. Took the pliers and the rear wheel lug wrench out put the wrench on the thin attached part to the pump and gave it a medium rap on the end with the pliers. Pump stopped. So I locked her all up and went to work.

Came out of work stuck the key in and hit the starter....... nothing. Dash lights were on, radio on, headlight on, but when I hit the starter nuthing. Luckily I was on the second floor and next to the down ramp. I paddle pushed the bike to the down ramp, turn on the key and when I was able to pick up the feet let out the clutch and she fired up. Drove home and parked her in the garage turned her off and then restarted her. Don't know why the battery was down. Maybe I turned the key too far and left the park lights on. Anyway, I am tired of the ABS pump relay sticking so found the part number and will order a new one. Now I get to try out the newly found reset method to keep from having to take the bike to the dealer to reset the ABS lights.

I was going for a ride to Prescott on Saturday morning. Now I guess not.

I'll keep you all posted and try to take some photo's for you to see the procedure.

·
Registered
783 Posts
Good job on knowing how to handle it and working around the issues. A lot of people, like me, would've just scratched their head. Thanks for educating me.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Update:

Just ordered the relay. $118.00 from local dealer here in AZ. Last night checked on cost from Chicago BMW and A&S, Their cost $95 and $96 respectfully.

Parts gal told me that prices go up all the time and gave the example that earlier this week a new Battery was $120.00, now they were notified by BMWNA new battery is $160.00. That is a 35% increase!!! I know fuel cost are different but 35% is ridiculous!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts