BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I think I just hit bottom. While I was waiting for my FD shims to show up, I started cleaning the core of the bike. Seems reasonable.
I washed and scrubbed and cleaned. I looked over and saw the fuel cell sitting there, all dirty and chit. Took it out and washed it. Seems reasonable.
Took it back in the shop and dried it off. Seems reasonable.
Then I waxed it.
I lost it, didn't I?

·
Cat Herder
1,445 Posts
...you have officially checked out!!! Being a BMW owner has warped your little mind...

·
Registered
342 Posts
fpmlt said:
Well, I think I just hit bottom. While I was waiting for my FD shims to show up, I started cleaning the core of the bike. Seems reasonable.
I washed and scrubbed and cleaned. I looked over and saw the fuel cell sitting there, all dirty and chit. Took it out and washed it. Seems reasonable.
Then I waxed it.
I lost it, didn't I?
This seems quite normal behaviour to me...you did wax inside the fuel cell as well didn't you????????

You will of course need to do this at least twice annually......

cheers

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
A clean fuel cell is a happy fuel cell..........just makes 'em run better........ :histerica

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
Nope Frank! I think you have it together. Now I know where there is a beautiful PURPLE LT just up I5 a ways from where you live. It has a dirty fuel cell. Wanna stop by to work some magic???

:histerica

Loren

fpmlt said:
Then I waxed it.
I lost it, didn't I?

·
Registered
726 Posts
No way! when I still had my F150 Ford Lightning my wife caught me washing my wheels off the truck and washing the insides?
Never to clean. Never to Polished. Never to Proud of a job well done! :dance: :bmw:

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I just finished my clutch job and FD rebuild, and as I was buttoning it all up, I put a second coat of wax on the fuel cell. Just couldn't help myself. I think I like my bike :p

·
Registered
656 Posts
LOL ....You didn't mention if you hand buffed the gas tank:abduct:

·
Registered
552 Posts
I think you should paint the tank with flames. Then you can say you lost it.

·
Premium Member
1,882 Posts
You have caught shinyitus
cure for shinyitus
go out on a rainy day and DON'T clean the bike until after the next sunny ride. If you don;t follow this procedure you WILL end up riding less (oh it looks like it may rain and it is sooo clean it would be a shame to get it dirty and and and and ARRRRRR)

·
Registered
368 Posts
c00k1e said:
If you don;t follow this procedure you WILL end up riding less (oh it looks like it may rain and it is sooo clean it would be a shame to get it dirty and and and and ARRRRRR)
So true, Cookie :histerica

Anyway, I have the opposite Syndrome... I used my bike for almost all the winter, with rain and fog, and it's become light grey, from the original dark graphite :rolleyes:

I always want to wash it, when I look up and think: well, it's going to rain again in the next week, so why bother? :D

·
Premium Member
4,878 Posts
Corrado68 said:
So true, Cookie :histerica

Anyway, I have the opposite Syndrome... I used my bike for almost all the winter, with rain and fog, and it's become light grey, from the original dark graphite :rolleyes:

I always want to wash it, when I look up and think: well, it's going to rain again in the next week, so why bother? :D
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
That's my problem.... It's just going to get dirty again and I probably ride it at least once a day. Around here it's the rainy season and it's rare that a day goes by in the summer when it downbeat rain.

Well, lets see...... ride or wash? I think I'm going riding....

1 - 15 of 15 Posts