BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,916 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did that just come off my finger tips????????

·
IBR# 366
16,545 Posts
Really? A shiny new toy, just for you? How can you resist. :D

Hell, I'd be happy with just your cast-offs. :rotf:

·
Premium Member
7,565 Posts
Just do it.

You will not be sad.

You will be wearing a big-ass grin the first time the tach swings past 7000 rpms and you hold it to 10,500.

You will miss your LT...

...and then you'll shift into 3rd. :D

·
Registered
4,905 Posts
DavidTaylor said:
You will miss your LT...

...and then you'll shift into 3rd. :D
I took my first roadtrip on the GT down into Tenn, NC, and the north GA mountains. I was flying through some switchbacks when I could see the tail lights of another bike up ahead. I come around a switchback, and I had him in full view. A Pacific Blue LT just like the one I just sold to buy my GT. A few curves later a passed him and waved, as did he. I just grinned in my helmet as he disappeared. I knew I had made the right decision from that point on . . . :)

·
Registered
2,916 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Why not an RT, you guys........?? Rode my RTP today, and I think I would like GT more for horsepower and no buzzing bars..........true??

·
Registered
353 Posts
Well, yes Motorman. The RT does buzz a bit but not too bad. The 1200 is smoother than the 1150, IMO. The GT is a fine piece of equipment no doubt but, 20K+ is a bit more than I can swing. I think the RT will do everything a GT will do with a few exceptions and with better wind protection, and leg room.

But if you ride an RTP 8-9 hours a day a GT would be a refreshing change. We traded out of the 1150 RTPs and stepped up to the 1200s. Please don't buy a blue one. It's about the ugliest motorcycle I've ever seen!!

(only cause I want one..)

·
Registered
13,451 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
motorman587 said:
Why not an RT, you guys........?? Rode my RTP today, and I think I would like GT more for horsepower and no buzzing bars..........true??

To be fair the only time I ever feel my boxer buzz the bars is when I am on the throttle hard. Hard throttle and load on my GT produced a course buzz as well.

Steady throttle, both engines are nice and smooth.

·
Registered
4,905 Posts
All you guys giving advise to John on buying an RT do realize that he rides an RT EVERY DAY at work, don't you?!?! :histerica
Checkout his sig line... ;)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts