BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
929 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All week I have heard with great delight that today it was going to get in the 50's and I have yet to wash my LT down after passing a K-DOT truck spraying brine solution on the roadways back in December. The whole front of my bike was white from the spray. It has been bothering me so much but the temps around here have been down to the single digits and work obligations have just kept me from washing her down.

So, I got her to a car wash on my lunch break and gave her a great bath and the weather felt so good...I'm not sure I even remember all that was said in the last meeting I was in...I just kept dreaming about hitting the road and stealing a ride! :bike:

Then the moment came...like when you were in school and the final class bell rang...man, I was out and geared up. She looked so beautiful all polished up and sparkling in the sun...man, oh man. I fired her up and off we went. Decided to go the long way home...a back county road with plenty of twisties by Kansas standards would do nicely I thought. I was so euphoric I decided to take a few pictures of my ride. It was less than 45 miles but it sure was a blast to steal a ride in January.

When I arrived home I moved my Lincoln out and parked my beemer in her spot. Heck, the beemer is clean! Talking like it might get up to the mid 40's tomorrow...yeah, you know what I'm going to be doing after lunch. :D

Attachments

·
Registered
445 Posts
Looks like you "stole" a fun ride, what camera and mount are you using?

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Wade, like you we could not stay off the bike yesterday. It was pretty cool in the bottoms as we rode from Parkville to Orrick for a RTE with our ROMEO (Retired Old Motorcyclists Eating Out) group. Temps got down to 29 but by the time we got home, it was up to 52, so like you, we had to wash the bike from all the road spray. Sure will be glad when all the salt and sand go away and we can put away all the heated gear; however, sounds like we are headed for another cold spell come next week. Oh well, just have to be patient.

·
Registered
929 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Slammer said:
Looks like you "stole" a fun ride, what camera and mount are you using?
Hey Slammer...I was afraid someone might ask this question. It was a one handed snap from my smart phone...not the safest way to do it. The pictures are fairly decent though...

·
Registered
929 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
gdroege said:
Wade, like you we could not stay off the bike yesterday. It was pretty cool in the bottoms as we rode from Parkville to Orrick for a RTE with our ROMEO (Retired Old Motorcyclists Eating Out) group. Temps got down to 29 but by the time we got home, it was up to 52, so like you, we had to wash the bike from all the road spray. Sure will be glad when all the salt and sand go away and we can put away all the heated gear; however, sounds like we are headed for another cold spell come next week. Oh well, just have to be patient.
Gary...we are heading for single digit lows again this week. Burned a tank of fuel today enjoying KS's birthday. More back roads and lots of scenery.

How often do you all meet for your RTE's? My oldest son works in the Raymore area there in KC. My youngest just started work in KC, KS as well. Always looking for a reason to drive up there. If you don't mind a country LT joining the party that is...
:p

·
Registered
445 Posts
wrmoss said:
Hey Slammer...I was afraid someone might ask this question. It was a one handed snap from my smart phone...not the safest way to do it. The pictures are fairly decent though...
And people call ME mad. :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts