BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered the HID kit the other day, and since I was board yesterday, I went in the garage and undressed the old girl for the first time while I wait for it's arrival. (You always remember your first) :bmw: Anyway, since I've got her undressed, I decided to clean up the wiring for the GPS and Sirius radio...oh...and the left side of the stingray is a perfect fit for an FM modulator, no more searching for a clear channel every 100 miles...and I bet a set of PIAA's with an auto switch would work great in combination with the HID...and it's probably a good time to go ahead and run a power distribution block for future Farkles...hmmmmm maybe I'll order one of those shelves and rearrange everything.

It's a never ending project. I think I'm hooked. :thumb:

·
Registered
1999 LTC
14,458 Posts
dlbushey said:
I ordered the HID kit the other day, and since I was board yesterday, I went in the garage and undressed the old girl for the first time while I wait for it's arrival. (You always remember your first) :bmw: Anyway, since I've got her undressed, I decided to clean up the wiring for the GPS and Sirius radio...oh...and the left side of the stingray is a perfect fit for an FM modulator, no more searching for a clear channel every 100 miles...and I bet a set of PIAA's with an auto switch would work great in combination with the HID...and it's probably a good time to go ahead and run a power distribution block for future Farkles...hmmmmm maybe I'll order one of those shelves and rearrange everything.

It's a never ending project. I think I'm hooked. :thumb:
Yup - take two Motolights and call us in the morning!! ;) :bmw:

Nice thang is; most all the farkles are function over form. Some still look good, butt the main factor is function. Be a good challenge to play catch up with Ari, the Finnish Farkle Freak. When it comes to farkles, I think he's left most of us in his rear view mirrors (which have been farkled too!!).

Not sure there is a cure for your ailment, so good luck on your farkle projects! :)

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Relays

I've searched the site and everyone says to use the Heated Seat circuit as the energizing power for relays. I don't have heated seats. What other circuit is good to use that it switched with the ignition to power a relay for aux power distribution?

·
Registered
4,905 Posts
You could use the parking light up front...easy enough to tap into. And since you have her undressed, running the wire isn't an issue.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Dick said:
Yup - take two Motolights and call us in the morning!! ;) :bmw:

:)
Not Motolights...but I did just order a set of T - PIAA 1100X Powersports Driving Lamps. I'm gonna get her all dressed up and won't be able to afford the gas to take her out!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts