BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My LT that is.... I removed all tuperware. I mean all of it. bags, trunk and all. Now I feel like I know this bike. While I had it all off I did the following. spark plugs. new breather pipe. fuel filter. air filter, new brake line rear, painted all lower panels. painted one saddlebag that was scratched. wired my xm radio and a cig..lighter plug for my gps. found my sending unit pipe dented in so I took that apart and straightened it.I didn't want to dig into the engine yet to check the valve clearances but now I know how to get to it for next winter. it's all back together and ready for a nice ride. all clean inside and out. Can't wait to see how my fuel guage behaves now. I filled up the bike and it shows full. I hope empty doesn't come at half a tank like before. sorry for being long winded but I feel a great sense of accomplishment.

Ride Safe

Rick

·
Registered
1999 LTC
14,456 Posts
Good on ya, Rick. When it comes time to check the valves, you'll already have the hard part down pat - just getting there!!!

BTW - you working with a m/c lift, or still young enough to dance on the garage floor?!?! ;) :D

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
no pictures. I was too busy playing to stop and take a pic.

Yes, still dancing around on the garage floor.

Rick

1 - 4 of 4 Posts