BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last night I got home from picking up my new-to-me 2007 R1200R. When I picked it up it had 247 miles on the clock. It only took me two days and 816 miles to make the 437 mile trip back to my house. I have been riding a 2000 K1200LT for several years and a 1978 R100S many years before that. It felt like riding a scooter for the first mile and a half. It was an amazing ride. I took it to a dealer 120 miles from where I picked it up and had the 600 mile service and brake line recall performed.

On the way home I rode in mountain twisties, on some amazing two lane desert roads in the middle of the Mojave, in 60 degrees and in 31 degrees. What a great bike! I was worried at first. Not about failing FD, failed EWS rings, or bad seats. I was worried because I didn't have THE smile after the first day. Once I hit the desolate desert roads and twisties on the second day I found myself smiling so much it hurt. I put 461 miles on the bike the second day and my butt didn't even hurt.

The gentleman I purchased the bike from could not have been nicer and easier to deal with. As I was pulling out of his heated garage he put his hand on my shoulder and told me to enjoy the bike like he wished he could have. I fully intend to do just that.

·
Registered
1999 LTC
14,456 Posts
Congrats on the new-to-you Christmas present, Sean! Gonna keep both scoots in inventory, are ya??

Every time you guys post up about the enjoyment of owning an RT of some circa, I wonder how it would have been back in '99 when me and ole Toad got paired up, if instead, I'da taken the dealership owner's advice and had let him deliver one to my casa? Guess I'll never know - butt a second bike might be sumpthin' Santa oughta think about some Xmas, when he runs outta ideas!! :histerica

BTW - seeing your avatar - thought I'd mini-hijack this thread and show you our soon-to-be family addition. Six weeks at pick-up next Wednesday. Sleepless nights just around the corner!! ;)

Attachments

·
Old Slow Guy in A Fast Car
8,601 Posts
In keeping with the "Not So Mini Hi Jack"
Congrats on the new member of the "Paw Print Gang"

Oh Yea and the R1200R too :D

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Great looking bullie Dick. I have had two. They are not the smartest breed but they make up for it in other ways. Don't let anyone tell you that a bulldog cannot be trained. Ours has a large wire crate that stays in the living room. The door is always open.That is unless it is bath day, which today was. I shut the door to his crate and he went and sat in front of the shower until I opened the shower door. He walked right in and sat down for his shower bath. They are great dogs. Enjoy yours.

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
Aw geez Dick! What a QT!

You know what "they" say dontcha? Apparently masters and pets grow to look more alike as time together goes on. Sometimes it starts even before the little feller/fellerette comes home for the first time!

Not sure if this is true or not!

Enjoy your new family member!

BTW, someone mentioned in a prior post that they are not the smartest dog. Might be a good thing if ya know what I mean!

Loren

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Boston Terriers have way too many brains in those square heads... ;)

·
Registered
519 Posts
ipokebadgers said:
Last night I got home from picking up my new-to-me 2007 R1200R. When I picked it up it had 247 miles on the clock.....

.....The gentleman I purchased the bike from could not have been nicer and easier to deal with. As I was pulling out of his heated garage he put his hand on my shoulder and told me to enjoy the bike like he wished he could have. I fully intend to do just that.

Awesome. How did you find such a low-milage bike?!?! I've been looking at R1200R's for a while (not to mention trying to justify buying one when I've got a K1600 GTL on order...) and would love to find one that has low miles and well taken care of....

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I just got lucky. I had been watching cycletrader.com for months along with ebay. I happened onto it on ebay the day it was listed. I was very apprehensive about spending that kind of money on ebay for a bike I wouldn't be able to see until after the sale. I emailed the seller and then talked to him on the phone several times and finally used the buy it now option. It worked out great. The seller was a very nice gentleman and very easy to deal with. I knew when I got to his house and he opened the garage door I had made a good decision. The R1200R was parked next to three restored Porches. It is a great bike and I am enjoying riding naked again. Good luck and just keep watching out for one.

·
Registered
3,223 Posts
ipokebadgers said:
... and I am enjoying riding naked again..
So its not really that cold over there, huh???? :rotf:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts