BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

I never realized just how big these bikes are.

8K views 50 replies 29 participants last post by  Rocketsled 
#1 ·
So folks are waking from their winter slumber and the motorcycle parking section near the office is starting to fill up. I need to start calling my LT Shamu, based on how much larger it looks compared to the 250 Ninja and 650 Sportbikes that are parked in the same lot!

#3 ·
I figger to REALLY live up to the name, it's gotta be black with white leather leg pads...Alas there's really not anything popular that's Dark Blue to name it after.

#7 ·
I call mine "Fat Bottomed Girl". There's even a song named after her.

#8 ·
you guys make me laugh...

#10 ·
You guys need to be more respectful of our girls. I don't feel she is all that large at all.
If you've ridden around for a number of years on a GL-1800 pulling a trailer as I have, the LT feels as light as a feather, and in the handling area she certainly is much lighter on her feet.

Later

#14 ·
My first LT, a 2000, was Basalt Grey. I called it "Mako". It was just about the color of a Mako Shark, and the lighter underbelly was about right.

#15 ·
I call my bike Dammit...........Crank, Dammit..........Stop, Dammit...............Turn, Dammit......... :D

#16 ·
Its pretty cool having a bike large enough to be able to look down inside of a pickup as you drive by.

#24 ·
I am the second owner of my 2005 LT. And after more than 120,000 miles put on the "Gray Ghost", I didn't see any reason to re-name her.

#25 ·
Kra961 said:
Its pretty cool having a bike large enough to be able to look down inside of a pickup as you drive by.
Yes indeed. And I've seen some amazing things!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.