BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2017 R1200RT
302 Posts
Bryan, I have a Dauntless hitch and wiring relay for an LT. It was $495 new a few years back. Make me an offer if you are interested, and the hitch mentioned above doesn't work out. I'm in GA.

Sammy

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys, Mike which one do you have? Any pictures?

Sammy, wiring relay? is that just the harness to wire the bike? Is there a relay i need?

Bryan

·
Registered
2017 R1200RT
302 Posts
Bryan, the harness is $70 more from DMC and hooks up to the bikes lighting and power systems for the trailer plug. It isolates it from the bike for protection. You can probably get more info at the DMC sidecar website.

Sammy

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you Sammy, with my budget I don’t think I can afford your hitch. I’m trying to stay around $150 or so.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you Sammy, that is a good price. i will see what i can do. Does that include the relay and plug?

Thank you
Bryan

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
When i get closer to things being done Sammy may i pm you about your hitch? Thanks, Bryan

·
Registered
2017 R1200RT
302 Posts
Sure thing Bryan. I had mine changed to a 1.25 inch receiver. This has worked very well for me. I'm attaching some pics.

Sammy

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hey Bryan,

Sorry I ducked out on you there. Here are some pics of the one I have. It mounts to the side of the bike and has the back panel with crossbucks. There is a harness and electrical plug receiver. It came on the bike, so I don't have a manual, but wrote down the color codes of the wiring it was connected to. It came on a 2003. I would be looking for $200 for it plus whatever UPS wants.

Mike

Attachments

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
14,191 Posts
That looks like a Bushtec hitch and their web site has instructions. It is a plus since it puts all the pulling load on the main frame of the bike instead of the rear tubular sub frame.

·
Registered
2017 R1200RT
302 Posts
Dave, good evening. Which hitch are you interested in? Only asking since there are a couple mentioned in the thread...

Sammy

·
Registered
423 Posts
What are you pulling? I've had a UNi-Go hitch, easily adapted to a ball, for sale in the classifieds for $125 for quite some time.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts