BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had Back Surgery and have not been able to ride my bike and probably wont be able to for another 5 or 6 months....thats right no riding over the summer for me...:(

I have been reading my BMW ON Magazine and reading the Boards and that makes me miss her More...i walk out to the Garage just to look at her and stare and cant believe i can not ride her....

What can i do to forget about her for a few months until I am able to get back on her and put a smile back on my face?

·
Registered
6,424 Posts
fpmlt said:
Were it me, I would seriously consider a medically induced coma!
+1

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
fpmlt said:
Were it me, I would seriously consider a medically induced coma!
If only I could.....

·
Registered
368 Posts
You're in California, it should be almost summer there.

Go out and rent a small convertible for the next 3-4 months, that would fit for a short while ;)

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Corrado68 said:
You're in California, it should be almost summer there.

Go out and rent a small convertible for the next 3-4 months, that would fit for a short while ;)
Thats a good Idea ...but do you think i would look silly wearing my Helmet while doing this :D

·
Registered
368 Posts
woodey said:
Thats a good Idea ...but do you think i would look silly wearing my Helmet while doing this :D
:rotf:

·
Premium Member
7,546 Posts
woodey said:
Not in California. :rotf:

·
Registered
121 Posts
What kind of surgery did you have? I had artificial disc replacement (charite) in Dec 06 on my L-5 S-1. I am back to playing basketball and fourwheeling and feel great. Before the surgery I was in an awful way. Good luck and hope you have a speedy recover. Based on the timeframe you gave I would guess fusion?

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
PrimePower said:
What kind of surgery did you have? I had artificial disc replacement (charite) in Dec 06 on my L-5 S-1. I am back to playing basketball and fourwheeling and feel great. Before the surgery I was in an awful way. Good luck and hope you have a speedy recover. Based on the timeframe you gave I would guess fusion?
Yes A Spinal Fusion of the L4,L5,S1

·
Registered
220 Posts
Wood-
If it helps any, I am having surgery in the morning to remove a portion of my colon. No riding for me either. But after I heal, it's go time.

"Getting old isn't for sissy's".

·
Registered
275 Posts
Had hip replacement surgery MAr 31st. Going into my 6th week now and am really depressed.
Only solution for me is to put on helmet and go out to the garage and stroke her(LT) a couple of times, close my eyes and visualize myself through a couple of twisties. Also projecting and planning my summer sojurn of 4 corners.
Not really a cure all but it does help me..
Aloha, R.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
ltdavey said:
Wood-
If it helps any, I am having surgery in the morning to remove a portion of my colon. No riding for me either. But after I heal, it's go time.

ouch good luck with that and I hope you have a speedy recovery!

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
bmwusmc said:
Had hip replacement surgery MAr 31st. Going into my 6th week now and am really depressed.
Only solution for me is to put on helmet and go out to the garage and stroke her(LT) a couple of times, close my eyes and visualize myself through a couple of twisties. Also projecting and planning my summer sojurn of 4 corners.
Not really a cure all but it does help me..
Aloha, R.
When do you get to take this ride? I hope it is this Summer

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
go out to the garage and stroke her

Hey big guy, it's yours, you just stroke it all you need to and as often as you want.

Oh come on, you knew THAT was coming :wave

·
Registered
1,986 Posts
About the convertible...no joking, I just bought a 2004 Audi A4 convertible and it is SO much fun. In some ways, I actually enjoy cruising in it more than on my bike. No gear required...you get LOTS more sun...a better view of the surrounding terrain than through the opening of a full-face helmet. if it rains....just stop, push a button and your dry! Honestly...it's a BLAST!!!!! ;) :D :D

·
Registered
550 Posts
ltdavey said:
Wood-

I hope you have a fast recovery! Will say a prayer for you. ;)

·
Just ridin'
5,297 Posts
woodey said:
The way California goes, helmet use in convertibles may be required in the future.

If it saves even one life.....

1 - 20 of 42 Posts