BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

Just a quick and positive post about riding the light truck. Last night I left London with the temp falling fast and the fog increasing. I fired up my heated kit put some nice tunes on the radio and cruised to Paris. It was windy, cold, foggy, and downright awful weather to be in. I think the temp was right around freezing for most of the ride. The bike performed admirably and provided me with the confidence to make the trip and enjoy doing it. Although I have to say it would have been nice to have front and rear fog lights! Tomorrow I'm riding to Limoges in central France, then all the way back to London in the evening. I can't wait.

Take care, and ride safe,

Robert

·
Registered
76 Posts
Didn't you get wet crossing the channel?

:rotf: Just wondering how you did that!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, they did dig this tunnel under the Channel...so I did not have to convert the bike into an amphibmw. Although I have ridden in rain hard enough to make you think you were in the Channel!

·
Cooler on the east coast!!!
1,243 Posts
Glad you enjoyed your ride. The weather sounds similar to the Chicago weather we are having. Enjoy the next few days. :D

·
Registered
222 Posts
Must be nice

rswestling said:
Hi guys,

I fired up my heated kit put some nice tunes on the radio and cruised to Paris.

Take care, and ride safe,

Robert
Paris for Dinner or Drinks?
Must be nice. How long is that ride in bad weather and good?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just got back to London after 750 miles on the bike. Left paris at 13:00 and rode south to check on my house 250 miles south of Paris, then turned around and rode all the way back to London. Bike never skipped a beat. South of Paris it was -2 C.

The ride is: 1.5 hours from London to the Eurotunnel, 30 minute crossing, 3 hours in France. All told, normally about 250 miles each way. If the weather is bad than 20 minutes on each side can be added, and if you hit either london, or Paris at rush hour, another 30 minutes. (These days it seems like it's always rush hour in London...)

Take care and ride safe,

Robert

1 - 7 of 7 Posts