BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was away from the group for about 3 months but it is good to be back. Back on June 20th of this year my brother-in-law was diagnosed with pancriatic cancer. We were up in Door county on a vacation,golfing every day and he kept complaining about back pain,and generally just not feeling good.When we got home he went to the doctor and that is when he found out. On September 2nd he passed away, at just 56 yrs of age. I can't tell you the toll it has taken on our family. My wife and her family are extremely close and this came out of nowhere. My brother in law touched many lives as evidenced by the turnout at the church upwards of 800 people came to pay their respects,I have never seen such a turnout for a funeral save a police or firemans funeral. Since his passing I haven't felt like doing much of anything just going on day to day. But I realize life must go on. And so I have come back to the community here in hopes of ressurecting my spirits.You have all been so helpful and supportive in the past. I am looking forward to the commeraderie and good times this group provides.

·
Registered
2,651 Posts
Rob,
Welcome back,We have missed you here. I am very sorry to hear about your loss. It sounds Like he was a good person and a close friend of yours. I am sure he is in good company now. Best wishes to you and your family.

·
Registered
12,165 Posts
Welcome back. Not much we can say that will make anything better, only time will do that. But we can help you rejoice in getting back on the bike again. When I was a little down about something a long ride did wonders for clearing the head.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Sorry for your Loss

Sorry to hear about your brother-in-law and the difficulties his quick loss has unleashed on all of you. When I read your post, I thought of my own brother who passed 6 years ago of the same ailment at the age of 51. He fought it gallantly for a year and a half but succumbed to it in the end, leaving his wife and two daughters.

Can’t explain this kind of stuff but it happens to really great people! The week after his funeral I had been booked to take the MSF course here in MA. Having never ridden a motorcycle and with my head in the clouds, I passed with his help from above I think. Now I’ve got Goldrush.

There’s really nothing one can say that helps make this any easier. Hang in there and enjoy life, with Beemer and family while you still can, Rob!!!

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
welcome back, rob. you have been missed.

there is no way we can fill the void created by your loss but i, for one, am honored that you have decided to let us help you get thru this period.

as you probably know, time is the great healer, and if you can hang in there i'm confident you will recover. i believe it is what your brother would have wanted.

take care and again ... welcome back.

·
Registered
2,891 Posts
Hi, Rob!
My condolences...had no idea what you were facing. Here's our get well wishes and a prayer for you and your family.

Sounds like he was a good man. Can't ask for much more in life than that.

Take care, my friend...

·
Registered
807 Posts
Loss

Rob,

I know how you feel. I recently lost a dear pal. He was killed by a drunk driver, illegal alien, the 6th DUI for this drunk. My pal was young, with two kids and an adorable wife. My wife and I attended their wedding. His wife is still in a coma. The drunk hit his car head on in NC as they were driving to vacation. You know your 56 year old brother in law enjoyed a lot more living than my pal. Good luck getting all your gang through this tunnel. It is a very tough thing to live through.

·
Premium Member
587 Posts
My Condolences

My condolences to you and family. Few words can comfort you from some guys like us that you may have never met. I pray they do. Do not hesitate to look to God for peace and comfort. He has saved my marrage and got me thru all the curves life has thown me so far.

Bet Wishes

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
Welcome Back . . .

From your signature line:

"Do We Stop Playing because we grow Old
Or do Grow Old because We Stop Playing." :bmw:

I lost two parents to pancreatic cancer; father at 58 and mother at 75. One of the most devastingily quick cancers . . . and believe me at age almost 65 it think about it time and time again. Of course nothing I can say will lessen the pain of the loss but your signature line raises an interesting question . . . which I believe in fully. Force yourself to do the things you used to enjoy e.g. visiting us crazies here on this site, riding, etc.

Warmest wishes,
John

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Just wanted to thank you all for the kind words and encouragement.It means a great deal to me.It feels good to be back. I truly believe that this is one of the greatest group of guys around. The administrators,moderators and members should be proud of this wonderful website. I am proud to call you my friends. Thanks again for your thoughts.

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
My condolences to you and your family Rob.

My mother also died of pancreatic cancer (as well as my favorite uncle) and I know it is a terrible disease. For what you say it seems that your brother in law went quite quickly, which probably was best.

Welcome back and yell if you need any help.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts