BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
2011 R1200RT
8,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It is with great sorrow, and tears in my eyes, that I am reporting that my dearest friend Doug Sorchilla suffered a massive stoke and was taken to the neuro ICU. He was non-verbal and non-responsive at times.
The doctors found he also has pneumonia and a bladder infection and as of earlier this morning Doug was put on morphine drip to make him comfortable as he passes away.
Doug and his wife Vickie were regular CCR attendees, as well as the Cambria and Fort Bragg rides organized by David Taylor
Vickie asked me to post the news on our forum as Doug was a long time member and has many friends here and on the K1600 sister forum.
Please keep Vickie in your thoughts and prayers...

·
Premium Member
7,565 Posts
Very sad news. Doug has been a fixture on the Cambria an Fort Bragg rides for years. I'm very sorry to hear about this, he and his family are in my thoughts.

·
Premium Member
1,392 Posts
Very sorry to hear this!

·
Registered
2,651 Posts
When I saw the headline I paused for a long while before continuing on to read the rest. I just didnt want to hear any bad news about Doug. I will pray for the best, Hopefully a miracle. wonderful guy who has not lived long enough yet.

·
Old Slow Guy in A Fast Car
8,601 Posts
So sorry to here this news. Doug is a great friend and one of the kindest people I've ever met. Prayers go out to Vickie and her Extended family.:crying:

·
Premium Member
2011 R1200RT
8,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Reactions: ibbones and mwnahas
1 - 6 of 6 Posts