BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
RonKMiller said:
We don't need no steenking drop table lift! :rotf:

(My Momma always said she didn't raise no good lookin' boys - but we ain't stoopid!) :D
I think there is some kind of hitch in what your saying!

·
Registered
6,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Bajasteve said:
I think there is some kind of hitch in what your saying!
Yep, you could say I've got a hitch in my 'git along! :histerica

(and that Hitch Doc sonomabeach needs to be removed in order to change the rear tire, which is a major PITA...)

·
Premium Member
7,800 Posts
I dunno, Ron. I've seen some of the other stuff you've done and I'm not sure this qualifies as a "ghetto mod". It actually makes a little sense... or maybe I'm starting to see the method to your madness in these things. :rolleyes:

On a related note: I hope you have a similar setup on the other side of those blocks, to tie them together. Without it those blocks will want to fold toward the hitch. That would not be a good thing.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I see nothing wrong with this setup. :D :thumb:

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
RonKMiller said:
Yep, you could say I've got a hitch in my 'git along! :histerica

(and that Hitch Doc sonomabeach needs to be removed in order to change the rear tire, which is a major PITA...)
I have the same problem with the hitch I have mounted. (Dauntless)

Garry

·
Premium Member
4,886 Posts
What chu talkin' 'bout, Willis... I mean Garry?

I have a Dauntless hitch and have not yet had to remove it to remove/install the rear wheel. I have an '05, but do not know whether that makes a difference.

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
RonKMiller said:
We don't need no steenking drop table lift! :rotf:

(My Momma always said she didn't raise no good lookin' boys - but we ain't stoopid!) :D
Ron, that is not ghetto. If you had used duct tape or electrical tape THAT would be ghetto.

Robert

·
Premium Member
4,886 Posts
Scouter-50 said:
Ron, that is not ghetto. If you had used duct tape or electrical tape THAT would be ghetto.

Robert
... or JB Weld!

·
Registered
143 Posts
hschisler said:
I dunno, Ron. I've seen some of the other stuff you've done and I'm not sure this qualifies as a "ghetto mod". It actually makes a little sense... or maybe I'm starting to see the method to your madness in these things. :rolleyes:

On a related note: I hope you have a similar setup on the other side of those blocks, to tie them together. Without it those blocks will want to fold toward the hitch. That would not be a good thing.

The straps are definitely high tech

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
13,916 Posts
deputy5211 said:
What chu talkin' 'bout, Willis... I mean Garry?

I have a Dauntless hitch and have not yet had to remove it to remove/install the rear wheel. I have an '05, but do not know whether that makes a difference.
Garry has a 1600GTL, you should have seen what we did at CCR to get the rear wheel off to do the final drive oil change. It involved 2x6s and muscle. You have to remove the wheel to get to the FD filler plug. Didn't BMW learn anything?

·
Registered
787 Posts
Nothing is more ghetto then putting a blanket on the rear seat and piling firewood on until the front wheel comes off the ground. Wasn't me, you know who you are, time to come clean.

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
RonKMiller said:
You know Robert, you're right.

THIS is ghetto: :wow:

OK, OK, OK, you win. Actually Ron they call that ingenuity.

Robert

BTW you can get a lift with a drop plate for $400.00

·
Registered
253 Posts
This is pretty cool mod. Congratulations. 13 years in the market and we still find new innovative ways to make our lives easier with the LT. :) I cant imagine what PITA would it be in the first year

·
Registered
576 Posts
No one in the ghetto would use _16_ tenpenny nails on this project. You have a 4x factor of safety!

·
Registered
560 Posts
Scouter-50 said:

Robert
My thoughts, exactly. I believe there's a mandatory one point deduction on the final score due to no duct tape. :D

·
Registered
438 Posts
I'm inclined to agree with Ron on this one - this could be a new low - let's see how close we've come to the "definition" of a Ghetto Mod.......

1. It's got to be functional :check:
2. It's got to be very inexpensive :check:
3. It's got to look good and feel good, dahling
4. It's got to be easy to implement :check:
5. It's got to look OEM, or darned close
6. It's got to be something that can be built with everyday hardware available at ACE or Home Depot :check:

Four out of six...not good, not bad.
I'm going to say that this is a successful new low!

So..... what do you think this is used for ?

Attachments

·
Registered
560 Posts
So..... what do you think this is used for ?[/QUOTE]

Well I can think of three or four things but since this forum is rather open, I'm afraid I can't say what it's used for without the censors shutting us down.

On the other hand, Aerostitch might offer it as the latest in titanium golf tees. Guaranteed not to dislodge. Reusable. Can also serve as a divot tool. Endorsed by both the PGA and LPGA. Warning! The sudden impact of this tee with a carbon fiber club could result in a binary explosion.

Or, attach it to a 3/8 inch ratchet drive to remove the perforated plate in the bottom of your shower stall.

Attached to a power drill it would probably do a pretty good job mixing the two components for epoxy.

That's it. Uncle!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts