BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered one fully loaded with every option that seemed to be available.

What else do I need or should I just have in the way of add ons like engine guards, highway pegs.....etc etc.....

Suggestions would be welcome.

Thanks

·
Registered
545 Posts
Congratulations John! The sharp pencils will soon weigh in with seasoned suggestions as to stuff like front and rear lights, horn, gps, shields, seats, pegs, scabbards (maybe not), etc. - and you'll sure enjoy it all. Your post about the loaded bike made me think - bike or car, pretty much never met an option I didn't like. :D
Anyhow, congratulations. What a machine.

Best, John

·
Registered
543 Posts
Welcome to the group...

You will love the RT.
The only things I added was engine guards and a new seat.
It's a sweet ride. I have never regretted the purchase for a moment.
Living way up in perpetually snow covered Canada, now that is something I regret...
Ellie

Enjoy...:bmw:

·
Registered
747 Posts
The majority of owners dislike the stock seat and replace. Tough to beat a Russell but a my Sargent works for me.

Screen preferences depend a lot on your build and helmet choice. Leading replacements seem to be CalSci and ZTechnic

Barbacks exist if you want a more vertical seating position as do various peg positioning devices. Also lots of highway peg choices for which the Ilium seems to be the best ergonomically for many.

Taillight add ons and front light additions in abundance exist..

It can be a very long list.....

·
Registered
391 Posts
The first thing you'll need is good weather to enjoy a fine motorcycle! Many happy miles, welcome to the group, and ride safely!

·
Registered
545 Posts
missusfinz said:
Welcome to the group...

You will love the RT.
The only things I added was engine guards and a new seat.
It's a sweet ride. I have never regretted the purchase for a moment.
Living way up in perpetually snow covered Canada, now that is something I regret...
Ellie

Enjoy...:bmw:

You guys have way better walleye fishing, though. :)

·
Premium Member
1,690 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
JT_BMW said:
One of these... :D

She was the first item on my list :D

Also, just wanted to say thanks to all that have replied so far. I appreciate the feedback. My new bike is in transit from the factory so it should be here soon.

Local weather is still pretty cruddy :mad:

·
Registered
2,047 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
JayJay said:
These frame protectors are just what I need! Does anyone know of a US/Canada source?

JayJay
By coincidence my local BMW dealer (SE Michigan BMW Motorcycles in Canton) today received his first order of items from a new Weiser distributor in California. Didn't give me their name but said he would ask about the frame protectors to get the ball rolling.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
181 Posts
realworld51 said:
my local BMW dealer (SE Michigan BMW Motorcycles in Canton,MI)
John, Mike, Audrey and the rest of the crew are a Great Team building a solid dealership of customer service & they'll be celebrating there 5th anniversary in May of this year!

:dance:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts