BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
have a mechanical problem by not using the right tools were isolated from the engine block threads that hold the valve cover bolts which is the best solution?, Someone going through this problem? :mad:

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
Not sure what you are asking. Someone used an improper wrench installing the valve cover and now you are having a problem getting them off? Bolts stripped or improperly threaded?

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
Maybe you need a heli coil.

·
Registered
676 Posts
Hola Romulo,
Lo ciento que tiene una problema, Pero es dificil para entender la problema. Las palabras de engles que usan no estan claro. Usa una website se llama www.babelfish.com para hacer una translation.
Buena Suerte
Ricardo

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you for your answers and forgive me but my English is bad, try to explain when the lid empacadura change valves was the screw without torquimetro and strained several threads block engine, not is that kind of repair done or how it is the most appropriate

Gracias por sus respuestas y discúlpenme pero mi ingles es malo, como trate de explicar cuando hacían el cambio de la empacadura del tapa válvulas apretaron los tornillo sin torquimetro y se estropearon varias roscas del bloque del motor , no se que tipo de reparación hacer o cuan es la mas adecuada.

·
Premium Member
2011 R1200RT
8,158 Posts
Romulo Aceituno said:
Thank you for your answers and forgive me but my English is bad, try to explain when the lid empacadura change valves was the screw without torquimetro and strained several threads block engine, not is that kind of repair done or how it is the most appropriate
So the mechanic did not use a torque wrench and overtightened something, but I am not sure if it is just the valve cover or something inside, when putting the camshafts back on after the valve adjustment.

Romulo Aceituno said:
Gracias por sus respuestas y discúlpenme pero mi ingles es malo, como trate de explicar cuando hacían el cambio de la empacadura del tapa válvulas apretaron los tornillo sin torquimetro y se estropearon varias roscas del bloque del motor , no se que tipo de reparación hacer o cuan es la mas adecuada.
Tienes fotos? Ayudaria mucho...

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Si gracias, se estropearon las roscas que apretan los tornillos del tapa válvulas.

If thanks, strained the threads that match the cap bolts valves

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
gunny said:
Not sure what you are asking. Someone used an improper wrench installing the valve cover and now you are having a problem getting them off? Bolts stripped or improperly threaded?

Exactly that is what step

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
casualemt said:
Hola Romulo,
Lo ciento que tiene una problema, Pero es dificil para entender la problema. Las palabras de engles que usan no estan claro. Usa una website se llama www.babelfish.com para hacer una translation.
Buena Suerte
Ricardo
hank you very good Ricardo page to make translations helps me to be able to communicate with you..........

·
Registered
676 Posts
Romulo Aceituno said:
Si gracias, se estropearon las roscas que apretan los tornillos del tapa válvulas.

If thanks, strained the threads that match the cap bolts valves
Romulo, En engles, la cosa que cubre las valvulas se llama VALVE COVER. Si entiendo, los tornillos por este Valve cover se estropearon las roscas de los tornillos?
Si tiene un photo lo hace mas facil

Ricardo...Un gringo que le gusta practicar la lengua

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I-BMW-T 5V (Ipod connection)

Good night, please someone in the community cooperation could I tell if the I-BMW-T 5V Silverline (Ipod connection) can be used on the K1200LT year 99. Thanks again for your help:bmw:

Buenas noches, por favor alguien de la comunidad me prodria decir si el I-BMW-T 5V Silverline (coneccion para Ipod) se puede usar en el K1200lt año 99. Nuevamente gracias por su ayuda :bmw:

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Re: I-BMW-T 5V (Ipod connection)

Not sure about that particular product but there several ways to make an IPOD work (with varying levels of success) on your '99 LT. If you don't find something with 'search' one of us can send you a few leads.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts