BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,687 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We'e had snow and cold for the last few weeks and today it got up to a balmy 37 and the snow was clear on the streets for the most part. I had to take the RT out even if it was only 25 miles. People were looking at me like I had 3 foreheads and an eye in the middle of each. I did take the trunk and bags off. Makes a little difference. I can't wait until this crap goes away. Snow cuts into riding time.

·
Registered
3,687 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
OU812 said:
I went to the Harley Museum.
You win! :bmw:
I am too far away for a day trip.

·
Registered
25 Posts
You've got me beat by a few degrees. I took my RT for a 5 hour ride (including lunch) today and it was in the low 40's. Cabin fever got the better of me. Thank goodness for Gerbing.

·
Registered
2,571 Posts
I hear you. Tomorrow, no matter what, I will go for a ride!

·
Registered
3,687 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
PabloH3 said:
You've got me beat by a few degrees. I took my RT for a 5 hour ride (including lunch) today and it was in the low 40's. Cabin fever got the better of me. Thank goodness for Gerbing.
I've ridden as cold as 23˚ and at that point the heat is all the way up. Lower than that or if I was going to ride for more than an hour I'd need heated pants. A balaclava would be nice too.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Good Day!

Still too much snow here. This morning it was 6 below!! and snow on the road. All you guys been a big help getting me though this winter. Thanks!
In the mean time looking for farkles for the bike.

·
Registered
3,687 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Dieselweasel said:
Its freezing here in Az, I'll be down for days :mad:
As long a the roads are dry and it's above 20, riding is possible.

·
Registered
25 Posts
My comfort threshold is 40, if it's dry. I don't mind snow on the side of the road, but the left over salt powder can be an issue. I've got enough gear and body fat to stay comfortable except that my feet get cold. I have the Gerbing's socks but they're so uncomfortable that I rarely use them. Been thinking about getting the Gerbing's in-soles but I wasn't too crazy about the way they felt in the store. Anyone have any experience with the in-soles?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts