BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Everyone,

Hopefully this isn't to strange a question....

I goofed late last year in attempting to install a DICE controller to add iPod/iPhone capibility to my 06 and failed miserably! I somehow fried either the audio controller or audio head unit during the installation. Well due to cost I decided to go to an after market audio unit to replace the failed device. I like the replacement unit... Especially since I didn't have to donate an arm and first born to get music back on the bike... However I'm trying to research how to use the I-Drive contol on the unit I installed. It is a Kenwood head unit and is I-Drive compatible, however the listings for the additional controller does not list any bikes. It does list autos and I was wondering if anyone might know if the I-Drive input is the equivelent of one of the auto models and years? Like for instance a 06 318i or something simular?

John was very helpful in attempting to assist sorting out what may have happened during the installation of the DICE unit... So I'm hoping he will chime in and pass along some valuable information! But if anyone else know what I'm looking for.... Any info would be appreciated.

Cheers,
Tom

·
Premium Member
562 Posts
Not sure if my problem with Dice is related to yours or not. I had Dice unit in my 05 LT worked great for awhile then mu radio/comm unit quit. Uninstalled the Dice unit and everything worked fine. Dealer initially wanted to sell me a complete new Radio/Comm unit. Someone on this forum suggested uninstalling Dice and saved me big bucks.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Doug,

Unfortunately mine is more catastrophic than yours I'm afraid... I uninstalled the Dice unit prior to reassembly and after several posts and troubleshooting the failed unit. Both the controller and radio unit are setting in a box waiting for another day

Thanks for the response

Cheers,
Tom

1 - 3 of 3 Posts