BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A big thanks to all the folks on the forum. I have been buying my tire changing equipment since January. When I bought the 2000 LT last fall the owner threw in two new tires (ME880). I got the HF changer and various spoons and rim protectors and the Marc Parnes balancer thingy.

I have spent the last several months boning up on how to accomplish the job, reading all the threads and making notes of all the tips. Thanks to Fred Harmon and his pictoral tire change on his GW.

Today I changed the rear. It was easier than I had planned for. My wheel is pretty dinged up but cleaned up nicely. There were eight 1/4 oz weights (2 oz) when I removed the wheel. I put a new metal valve stem on and checked the balance of just the wheel. After puting the new tire on and balancing I ended up with 1/2 oz added. I am going to ride it a little tonight and then tomorrow replace the front.

Thanks to everyone on the forum for all of the information. I find myself saying more and more what one of my daughters used to say when she was two, "I want to do it my own big self". This site has made that possible.

·
Premium Member
7,800 Posts
Well, good for you. See? It can be done! I've changed 2 tires myself and I'm looking forward to doing more. Gotta pay for the equipment some way... :D

Keep up the good work.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts