BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,687 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I won one of the second prizes in the BMW MOA sweepstakes. $1000 in farkles. Yippee!

·
Registered
2,713 Posts
Very cool, I forgot it was going on. Congratulations!

·
Registered
3,687 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, I have no idea what I will get. I've never won anything before.

·
Registered
3,687 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
copilot said:
Not to be a downer; but just remember to save up a little $. There will be taxes on those farkels.
Yeah, that's true, but it would have been worse if I had won the GSA.

·
Registered
3,687 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
One odd thing though. There's very little BMW specific stuff at bike bandit. Too bad it wasn't at the beemer boneyard or A&S.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Hey Ponch...here's a thought -

Check with Bike Bandit to see if the prize might be transferable. Then, sell it to someone else at a bit of a discount (perhaps a cruiser owner) and use the cash at a BMW retailer. Or invest in my start-up business which produces bladeless knives without handles! ;)

·
Registered
3,687 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
TheoM said:
Hey Ponch...here's a thought -

Check with Bike Bandit to see if the prize might be transferable. Then, sell it to someone else at a bit of a discount (perhaps a cruiser owner) and use the cash at a BMW retailer. Or invest in my start-up business which produces bladeless knives without handles! ;)
Actually, I emailed Bike Bandit and if there is something not listed or I cannot find, they said to just ask and send along info and they will see if they can get it. I really need new gear, you know, ATGATT, but my problem is my size. I need tall sized jackets and from what I can tell, chest sizes stop at 50-52. I am 56 and my sleeves are 38-39. It's a pain in arse. I have a leather jacket know, and I really don't like it. It's too big (lost weight) and leather isn't waterproof. It also weighs 10lbs for sure. SO...I know I'll be getting boots. I was able to find stuff in size 14. :) I like the Joe Rocket Ballistic 8.0 and the Tourmaster Transition 2, but they need to be bigger. Ain't happening. So, the fun begins.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Congrats! Amigo! :yeah:

·
Registered
3,687 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
OU812 said:
Sweet Ponch! At least I can say I kinda know somebody that won a prize from the MOA. :wave
Well, it turns out they can't get the things I wanted, but they will add them to the future vendor's list, which probably has πrˆ2 x h in it. Well, thanks and it's time to start scheming!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts