BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What has happened to the other site that hosted the RS,GT,S and R models. This site has been around for many years for which I have followed. But now it seems to be gone, its like losing an old friend. Hopefully this site will be back.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ahhhhhh

Thanks for the info!!!!!!!!!!

·
Just ridin'
5,297 Posts
varoom said:
They had some type of issue w/ that domain name I think (BMW's lawyers?) - it's now hosted at www.k-bikes.com
Richard;

The site's going dark was not due directly to legal issues, but there were some in the background.

You can read my statement at the top of any forum on that website. Another version of the events is posted at www.i-bmw.com

www.k-bikes.com is a project we were in the process of developing with the intent of an orderly transition under the i-bmw.com domain. Despite our concerted efforts we were unable to get any agreement with that domain's owner which would have given us legal protections if we were to continue hosting the community. We had hosted that community since May, 2003.

Since 2003 that site has existed on the same servers as this one and operated on the same customized software we used to launch this site in 2002.

We had been prepared to launch www.k-bikes.com as an independent project since late last month. It was only at the eleventh hour, with the knowledge that the domain's owner was standing idly by, that the Administrators from www.i-bmw.com asked us to allow them to guide their membership to the new site. They were as surprised as we were when the domain was redirected to a blank page yesterday afternoon.

www.k-bikes.com is truly a complimentary community to this one and we invite you to go and check it out.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts