BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
7,565 Posts
I like it! So you makin' a California version? I'll bring the camera, let's go!
 

·
BMW Guru
Joined
·
8,469 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
DavidTaylor said:
I like it! So you makin' a California version? I'll bring the camera, let's go!
You gonna sing??:eek:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,208 Posts
Ted Shred said:
You gonna sing??:eek:
If y'all let that happen,
they're all gonna want their money back. :)
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
7,565 Posts
Ted Shred said:
You gonna sing??:eek:
Only if you want every dog in the central valley howling at the top of their lungs! :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,435 Posts
Having been only to Irving and Amarillo, I have to say this video was outstanding! I sure missed a whole bunch!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,399 Posts
I noticed one scene in the video that showed the TX state flag flying below the US flag on a single flagpole. In TX, you most often see two flagpoles, with the US and TX flags flying on each. Is it true that TX is the only state in the Union that can legally fly the state flag at the same height as the US flag?

- Bob
 

·
BMW Guru
Joined
·
8,469 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
bob_menton said:
I noticed one scene in the video that showed the TX state flag flying below the US flag on a single flagpole. In TX, you most often see two flagpoles, with the US and TX flags flying on each. Is it true that TX is the only state in the Union that can legally fly the state flag at the same height as the US flag?

- Bob
Not true, urban legend...http://www.snopes.com/history/american/texasflag.asp
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
7,795 Posts
bob_menton said:
I noticed one scene in the video that showed the TX state flag flying below the US flag on a single flagpole. In TX, you most often see two flagpoles, with the US and TX flags flying on each. Is it true that TX is the only state in the Union that can legally fly the state flag at the same height as the US flag?

- Bob
Yup.. Texas is the only independent country to join the "union", therefore, qualifying to fly at same level, not above the US Flag.

Or, so I thought... well, Snopes is good... but they obviously aint Texan.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
711 Posts
Hawaii was an independant nation before it "joined" the USA.

cfell said:
Yup.. Texas is the only independent country to join the "union", therefore, qualifying to fly at same level, not above the US Flag.

Or, so I thought... well, Snopes is good... but they obviously aint Texan.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,669 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,424 Posts
And your point is? You came from Lousiana. ;) :p
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,669 Posts
Steve_R said:
And your point is? You came from Lousiana. ;) :p
How'd you know? :D
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
7,565 Posts
I like that one, too. And they used the original Johnny Cash version, even better!
 
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Top