BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If anyone has their old ptt's and cb's u want to get rid of and get them off of your bike I will buy it from you. I have a 2000 LT with a bc2 intercom system and need the communication. Thanks Joshua

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Was the bike already set up for a CB? If so, the newer Midland 75-822 CAN replace the old 75-830 with some slight modification. BTW who gives a newer model a higher model number anyway? :confused: I'm not sure if it would work with anything like an autocom though. Mine '02 LTE had a non working 75-830 in it and now has a working 75-822. Another option might be the J&M CB2003 but that could get pricey, and can be found at over $400 before headsets. I'm sure others will chime in.

Good Luck

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No sir it is not set up for a cb.(as far as PTT, and the other cable to hook to the back of intercom unit.) I was just reading on here how everyone has said they are taking them out and so since i am needing one on my bike and am not wanting to go the J&M route i figured i could buy an old setup. Because to me it just seems insane for the dealer to want 120 dollars for a PTT. That almost defeats the purpose of having a hand held (cheap cb). I have installed the bar mount J&M on my old LT and had nothing but problems and a drained bank account. So i dont know..hopefully someone will pipe up and sell their old setup.

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
I'm at a loss then. The Midland 75-822 MIGHT work. I guess I was lucky in that mine was originally wired for a handheld unit. J&M makes handle bar mounting systems for the handheld but I'm not sure if they'd work on our bars and the kit is pricey. But, they also sell a PTT switch too.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts