BMW Luxury Touring Community banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Approximately 10k ago I installed a new ME880 front tire on my 99LT. After 20 feet I new something was not right, real bad low speed wobble. Tried re-balancing, no luck. I am thinking I had a bad tire. Took wheel to dealer and they said I had a dented wheel. Spent $200 to fix the wheel, no improvement. Tried the Ride-On balancer and it did help but still a bad wobble from 10-45 mph. Not so bad at speed but you could still fell the little vibration. Installed a new tire today and did not balance with weights but used Ride-On and knew within 20 feet my problem was fixed. Smooth as silk from 0-110mph. Conclusion: either I did have a bad tire to begin with or it may have been damaged during the first installation. I read a lot on this site about wobbles at low speed and I for one believe sometimes it can be a BAD TIRE!

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
Not too long ago it was suggested by one of our more knowledgeable members that some problems may be caused by stretching the bead while installing the tire. That made a lot of sense to me. I mount all my own tires, and can easily see how it could happen.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts