BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
847 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I ended buying a goldwing 1800 and got rid of LT I put on 90,000 miles on the LT in seven years and believe or not never dropped her But any way the goldwing does handle better at the slow speeds and stopping I know I will not be able to go thorugh the curves like the LT but over all do really like it better easier to get at things and my wife likes the ride better
But I do thank everyone on the forum for the help in keeping the LT up and running I probably would not be able to afford the goldwing if it was not for the help:wink: JUST KIDDING
A many great thanks to Dave (saddleman) and John Z
But this deal came up so quick that I bought a rear tire for the LT just 3 weeks ago BT020 M 160/70B 17 and its
wrapped in plastic yet that it came with so if there in the west michigan area that needs a tire give me a pm I really would rather not ship it 135 dollars its yours
And I have the saddleman 30mm cut out socket for 30 dollars and the 14mm socket wrench that saddleman sells that you use for rear to take every thing apart and a bag of screws and clips that you use for the fairing the OEM ones
Anyway thanks for everyone

·
Registered
4,374 Posts
I am still too young to be on a wing :wink:

Gary, don't be a stranger. It is a choice I may make in a number of years but not today. I still need some excitement. Hope to see you around though. You are still part of the LT legacy and family. Keep the shiny side up.

Gordon

Reactions: saddleman

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Well I ended buying a goldwing 1800 and got rid of LT I put on 90,000 miles on the LT in seven years and believe or not never dropped her But any way the goldwing does handle better at the slow speeds and stopping I know I will not be able to go thorugh the curves like the LT but over all do really like it better easier to get at things and my wife likes the ride better
But I do thank everyone on the forum for the help in keeping the LT up and running I probably would not be able to afford the goldwing if it was not for the help:wink: JUST KIDDING
A many great thanks to Dave (saddleman) and John Z
But this deal came up so quick that I bought a rear tire for the LT just 3 weeks ago BT020 M 160/70B 17 and its
wrapped in plastic yet that it came with so if there in the west michigan area that needs a tire give me a pm I really would rather not ship it 135 dollars its yours
And I have the saddleman 30mm cut out socket for 30 dollars and the 14mm socket wrench that saddleman sells that you use for rear to take every thing apart and a bag of screws and clips that you use for the fairing the OEM ones
Anyway thanks for everyone
Hey Gary. I got news for you. I know of 2 people that own Goldwings and keep up with anything on the curves. My one freind has 2010 Wing. He rode plenty fine before. But he put a traxion suspension on his Wing. His suspension is equal to probably better than a LT. It's like it's on rails. Vast improvment. If I ever get a Wing. It's one of the first improvements I'd do.

·
Registered
847 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys for the positive response I thought I would get a a$$ chewing I will still be getting on this forum now and than I been sort of hooked on for so long

·
Premium Member
7,647 Posts
Thanks guys for the positive response I thought I would get a a$$ chewing I will still be getting on this forum now and than I been sort of hooked on for so long
You still may if we don't get a full ride report and compare and contrast to the LT.
:smile:

·
Registered
31 Posts
Did you get a chance to make that Alaska run this year? Or is that what the Wing is for?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts